10 coaches online • Server time: 06:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2008 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Please excuse for the somewhat blogish post this - I really do want some feedback on the picture(s), hence a forum post rather then a simple blog.

I've started working on a set of player graphics specifically for FUMBBL/JBB ... by basically painting models up - though by using photoshop rather then buying real models and painting those. This would provide both (hopefully) nice models for on pitch and make sure these aren't copyrighted (well except for the work I put in, but I don't really mind those being out there).

I do paint with my mouse though (i.e. not using magic lasso, or other tricks like that) - so it's at least a bit of a challenge and as close to the real thing as I can come.

As an example - an Amazon Blitzer.

The original is that photo of an unpainted amazon from blood-bowl-miniatures.de. Steps along the way (I went for a lighter skin colour orginally):

Final "Virtual" Painted Model:

This really is just a first test - any thoughts on the colour scheme I used? I am not quite happy with the feet, the base ... and well, her eyes aren't really painted - not having the real minature is a bit problematic. Anyone able to give some tips here?

Re-Sized Picture for JBB:

I'll use this thread to put up process (which will be slow, I promise) once in a while.

-Mnemon
Habeli

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2008 - 08:29 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm... Seems like a nice idea.
I'll try to make one too and post it here when I'm done.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2008 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea, it could be used also to touch up figures that have a few marks etc, something I would like to use.
Habeli

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2008 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is what I managed to do...
ImageImage
from this one

The colors are quite light for the white background, but the black one has white edge =/
Anyways, how do you like them?
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2008 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe off-topic but only now do I notice what's weird about those zons. The boob is wider than the thigh. More cheezburgers..

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2008 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I like both of those, the Amazon looks pretty decent when scaled down (though maybe different color feathers instead of the matching maroon)

The goblin is a little more cartoony, but I like that too.

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2008 - 17:40 Reply with quote Back to top

super looking
Jenner

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2008 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

CrazySauer wrote:
The goblin is a little more cartoony, but I like that too.

Well, most of the 1st and 2nd edition goblins (well, most races really!) were quite catoony...
 Jump to: