62 coaches online • Server time: 17:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
briand97

Post 8 Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

hoping somebody can help me. I have vista loaded on my machine and am having issues with the reporting of games.

I downloaded 8.9 and have played a few games. mostly offline but 2 online. After finishing, I'm getting an error that my user authentication has failed and I will need to manually load.

I go to the FUMBBL site and click report match. It takes me to a screen where I can browse for the match. I click browse and then I cannot find my reports file. If I open Javabowl itself I do find the directory (though if I go through the explorer - again I do not see the reports directory).

Help
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 05:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you loading your team from your coach overview screen i.e. the team Fumbbl has recorded?

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

yes I think I am...
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 05:17 Reply with quote Back to top

You click the Play button?

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

yes
briand97

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 05:18 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, I play the game just fine. It is after the game ends that I'm having this issue.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 02, 2008 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If you are not logging in properly to javaBB, that could account for it. Also upload will fail if the game violates the rules of the division the team was created in, or if it is between teams in different divisions. beyond that, I'm afraid it's something technical of which I know next to nothing.

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2008 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I see the same "need to manually upload results file" error, and I'm having success reporting matches manually.

By default, the report files should be stored in the /results subdirectory of your JavaBBowl installation. You will have to navigate to it using the browse button. Once there, you're looking for a file that looks like XXXXvsYYYY.zip, where XXXX is the first 4 letters of one team and YYYY is the first 4 letters of the other.

I hope this helps.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 03, 2008 - 11:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The problem is that Vista prevents the client from saving result and save files to the drive if you installed it in certain places (such as "c:\program files\"). Under Vista, the client should be installed to your profile folder rather than elsewhere because of the fact that the client saves data in its own directory.
Markdienekes

Post   Posted: Feb 09, 2008 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

so if its been in my vista program files, i have no saves : (
cruncher10

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2008 - 23:00 Reply with quote Back to top

hI i,m running vista and had the same problem. to find file click search then advanced search tab and tick include non indexed items then in top search box either type zip(as in zipped file) your your team name when you see the zipped file you want right click it and send it to my documents where you can then upload the file
hope this helps Smile
farmyardbeast

Post   Posted: May 27, 2008 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Help! Am running vista and installed Javabowl with the windows installer and dont seem to even have a folder marked saves inside javabowl?!
Angie

Post   Posted: May 27, 2008 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Read back up this thread.. tells you why and how too solve that.