16 coaches online • Server time: 07:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
liga

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

it is happen to me and also to my brother 2 times. After a good beginning (one kill, a good score) our opponents is disconnected and logged out. And doesn't respond to PM messages. There is something we can do against this dirty way of cheating ? There is a list of 'bad' coaches one could look through and put cheaters names ? Since one have the saved matches is not really difficult to prove that!

thank you anyway
Liga
schuggerbaby

Post   Posted: May 12, 2003 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Must say that this never happened to me.
As you still have the saved file you should report that incident to the admins.
Do it like me, just avoid winning too many matches and this won't happen on a regular babsis Wink

Revener

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 00:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Report it to the admins and they will lock that players team until he resumes the game. If he Refuses to do that the team that he dissed with will be retired.

I know beacuse I dissconected once, when i got a little bit to worked up Wink
Covertfun

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Which Player? Did they give a reason?
cataphract

Post   Posted: May 13, 2003 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Said player was me, my modem got dead (as well as my beastman). At library now, should be fixed soon. I shan't play with my team untill we can continue from the save file

Post   Posted: May 21, 2003 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Not everywhere you can save the game files when the computer has to be shut down or just stops working at all (all windows-users know what I mean)

SO therefor I beg for pardon if I should have been me who disappointet someone (although I always respond on player messages and try to make my problem clear).

Scanium
Amon242

Post   Posted: May 24, 2003 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I recently played against Reloaded (last night) - the game did not go well for him and after the match he did not upload the match report. So i'm stuck not being able to use my team for 24 hours. I think this is poor sportsmanship and really needs to be cracked down on, otherwise the league will be full of immature d00dz.
DrDirk

Post   Posted: May 24, 2003 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Amon242 wrote:
I recently played against Reloaded (last night) - the game did not go well for him and after the match he did not upload the match report. So i'm stuck not being able to use my team for 24 hours

I played against Reloaded too, and i thought he would be a nice guy but he disconnected as he was 0 - 2 back before half-time Crying or Very sad
this sukkz.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: May 24, 2003 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

There are better ways to deal with a bad player than to publicly complain about them in this forum. Talk to an admin if the game was finished but not uploaded, or put the person's name on your own private "won't play" list, and make sure when you're in chat you warn anyone you see them about to victimize. There is nowhere that this thread can go but downhill, so let's end it now ok?
Artagas

Post   Posted: May 25, 2003 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont see why it is bad to publicly complain in cases like that...especially because disconnecting players is a problem that hasnt been solved yet, so it is not a bad idea to discuss it in the forums.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: May 25, 2003 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Its not a bad idea to discuss the issue; its a bad idea to air your dirty laundry about specific people. That just quickly becomes a flame war. Talk about how to deal with troublesome people, but don't call them out here. Cite examples of bad play, but don't name names unless you've done EVERYTHING you possibly can to resolve the issue.
Amon242

Post   Posted: May 25, 2003 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree psikobunny, I probably should not have used his real name. It's very frustrating to see immature activity in what has generally, in my few experiences, has been very positive experience. I've have sent the admin a message about the incident (which is all I can do right now). I would just hate to see this game devolve to the level where its not even worth your time to play anyone beside people you know you can trust - it shouldn't get to that point. Problem players do need to be pointed out and dealt with; otherwise they will be the death to the game.
psikobunny

Post   Posted: May 25, 2003 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

That's good Amon, one thing I've learned here is the system is reasonably self correcting on fumbbl. The amount of flack given to bad eggs in irc makes it more unpleasant for them than their victims and the soon leave. Just make sure you alert people if you see them about to enter a game with someone troublesome, and they can be prepared.
gophur

Post   Posted: May 25, 2003 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

what i hate more than pluggers is when i am winning and i get disconnected and they go off and play their team again so we cant finish our match. I say this cause pluggers you can have a forced conceede from them but i am not sure of any rule for the above stated situation. I have also had folks delete teams before we could finish games.
 Jump to: