30 coaches online • Server time: 10:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BloodRunners

Post   Posted: May 26, 2003 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

In my last game, a player with stand firm was pushed by a cheesy chain of blocks. YOu know the ones, where a person makes a block and all push sqaures are full, so they get to push a whole chain of people back. Well in this case, a player with Stand firm was pushed off of his square. I understand the difficulty of making this program, but if possible I would like to see stand firm always work.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: May 26, 2003 - 02:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand Firm only works when the player is blocked, not when he is bumped by another player.
"A player with this skill is never pushed back as the result of a
block.
He may completely ignore ‘Push Back’ results, and..."
(my emphasis added)

There is still an issue of how chain pushbacks are handled, but I think SkiJunkie's right when he says that recoding everything so that it alternates players selecting pushback squares (as it does in the LRB) rather than the current system of simply pushing in a straight line is too cumbersome, both for code and play.

Yeah, you suffered the cheese factor. We all do occasionally. Just remember it could be worse. I once played against a Woodie team that chain pushed their own treeman into the crowd on accident. I think he got a niggle out of it, too.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2003 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

here's straight out of the q&a for bloodbowl.

Q: Suppose my opponent pushes back one player into a second player. Who decides where the second player ends up?

A: The coach of the moving team decides all pushback directions unless the pushed player has Side Step. If the player has side step, his coach decides where he is pushed to.

so the active coach chooses all pushbacks unless the player has sidestep...no alternating decisions.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: May 26, 2003 - 04:09 Reply with quote Back to top

My mistake.

Thanks for pointing it out, but the point still stands in this case. The second (and third... and fourth...) players being pushed don't precisely follow the real rules because of coding and game play issues, as described in the "Differences from Board Game" file.

You did read the documentation, right? Razz

Jump to: