44 coaches online • Server time: 10:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are Chaos Dwarfs Broken?
Yes
28%
 28%  [ 44 ]
No
48%
 48%  [ 75 ]
Dont Care
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
I Dont Care
7%
 7%  [ 11 ]
Super Glue'em Back Together DDF
11%
 11%  [ 18 ]
Total Votes : 154

Phatboy

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 19:10 Reply with quote Back to top

neverborn wrote:
they are so very broken

mv 9, str 4 players, 6 blockle thick skull linos, and heaps of ag 3 ball handlers

least with dwarves everyone is slow and str 3, cds are just broken

i agree
vanGorn

Post 12 Posted: May 14, 2004 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Wink Give the dwarves a new trait: off for a beer. Similar to the vampires ofab trait, it forces them to roll 2+ before their action. If they fail, they have to reach the sidelines to take a pint of bugmans XXXX. Wink
DoubleSkulls

Post   Posted: May 16, 2004 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Almost by definition there has to be a best team - you can't balance them all perfectly and one will come out top. So CDs are probably the "best team"

Does that make them broken? No - a coach might win a couple of % with them than he might with another race - but so what? Coaching ability still counts for more than the team you play - and that's the important thing.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2004 - 04:19 Reply with quote Back to top

CD's are beatable just foul the BC's into the RIP box and his scoring potential has dropped massively (plus he has to put more hobgobs on the pitch) most coaches are a bit cocky with their BC's (thinking that ST4 will protect them from all blocks) and are standing way too far away from their own players

Plus loss of General skills wont have much affect on the BC as their first three skills are (break tackle, mighty blow and block not generally in that order so they can still get 2 in 3) plus with the ability to use RR's they will be fine
deathgerbil

Post   Posted: May 16, 2004 - 06:29 Reply with quote Back to top

generally, you can't count on fouling players out of the game if you want to be able to beat them. even if you do foul them, they have thick skull! so good luck there...
orochinagi

Post   Posted: May 16, 2004 - 06:54 Reply with quote Back to top

jan_mattys wrote:
Quote:
man elves are broken, everyone on thier teams gets 4 agi and only needs 2s to do everything... and man norse broken too i mean everyone with block? they only fail with skulls... i mean thats crazy right?

dont get me started on halflings, no team vs them gets rerolls? i mean they get like 8 thats nuts, and theyre all stunty and can 1 turn score from their first game!

man this game is so broken....lets only play broken teams...

Shocked Shocked Shocked
I suppose this was just a joke, orochinagi... No need for serious answers... Confused

no joke there... i was only quoting another player who posted Confused
orochinagi

Post   Posted: May 16, 2004 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

monboesen wrote:
And in order to get what a CW has naturally a LB must roll 10,11 and 12 on three of his (few) skill rolls. Attributes are better than skills, because they are harder to get.

The aforementioned CW with 5 4 3 9 Block, Tackle, Thick Skull and Guard is far better that a linedwarf.

That said I agree that when Bloodbowl is played as seriously and rough as here on fumbbl, both dwarves and chaos dwarves are too good as starting teams. Removing the big guy is a step in the right direction (and would be for all non-stunty teams) and loss of Str skills for BC looks good too.

CW = Chaos Warrior i suppose... what do you mean by giving a CW thick skull? they can't get it man... and who would give it to them? and btw... just think how many SPP you need to make such a player. And now make a dwarf player with the same SPP only with "good" skills

Edit: Yeah I know they can get it just who's going to give it to them on a double? to reduce cas it's WAY better to give them spikes instead of thick skull... now calculate a dorf with 3 normal skills and a double... what nasty creature comes out of it? Razz
Wombats

Post   Posted: May 16, 2004 - 08:10 Reply with quote Back to top

People stopped playing Dwarves and Chaos Dwarves in our private tourneys - Nobody wanted to play with Dwarves because they're boring and no-one will bother playing against CDs because they'll get smashed up *and* lose the game even against an average coach.

We have some pretty violent Orc, Chaos and Skaven teams with plenty of carnage producing capability but they're interesting to play.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2004 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

lets go back to the very basics when there was just human and orc team they where exactly the same and there where no spp's or ff or BG's or secret weapons or anything except 2 16 man rookie teams having a biff.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 16, 2004 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

...peasant bowl rules!

Very Happy