57 coaches online • Server time: 18:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Dooby

Post   Posted: May 08, 2004 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I have come up with a team – If it bears close resemblance to any other team already suggested then I apologise but the only one I have seen is Clems Deadlings (They are cool).

Anywho I have come up with a team and would like some response on it.

I was thinking a chaos team 6 2 3 7 at 50K that start with a starting random physical mutation. Now I came up with this for several reasons.

i) Some of the physical mutations are never used so I thought it a good way of getting some of them back in the game.

ii) Development. Too often on this site teams progress in exactly the same way – now this is driven by the characteristics of course Dwarf MA 4 etc… but I feel this team could progress in several ways. The mutations would allow different styles ie Claw, RSC and tentacles developing a bashy team rather than Two heads, two arms, big hand etc…which would develop a runner or passing game

iii) Its different

I was thinking 70K reroll and no apoth. I know they are basically gobs with a mutation but I can see long term potential. No big guys no wizards and access the AG skills.

What do you think? Be nice it’s my first try.

Play tested them against a fresh Fairy team and drew 1-1. Mutations were cool especially the Foul Appearance which frustrated a treeman no end – till he SI’d him of course.
johan

Post   Posted: May 10, 2004 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

While this is a very cool idea, I can see one huge problem with it -- when you first create a team, you could create/scrap, create/scrap until you get a good selection of mutations.

/johan

Become like any other sport, a battleground...”

—Benny Andersson & Björn Ulvaeus, Chess
Grod

Post   Posted: May 10, 2004 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

What about, to counter johan's point, doing skill development in a different way for such a team. Whenever a player gains a skill, a skill roll is made as normal, but the coach can choose AFTER the skill roll whether to take a random physical mutation or to choose skill normally. This can be added to fumbbl by inserting in the normal drop down-list of skills an option "random physical mutation". To make things even more interesting, it might be possible to obtain a random physical trait if the skill roll was a double? (Hopefully dont get OFAB...)

I have no thoughts yet about the composition of the team (stats, big guys etc), but I do like the idea of random mutations. The team can also be either skaven or chaos based.
olivers

Post   Posted: May 10, 2004 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

This would be hard to implement as the skills selection on fumbbl would need rewriting.

They sound a bit like chaos flings to me, the other option is to replace troll/mino on cfling teams with chaos warriors.
Dooby

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I had thought about the scrapping of the team and then recreating to get a good balance but I think this team would be good in the long run nevertheless, anyone who has chaos flings just uses them in support of the big guys and saws, this team actually develops these guys into the main players of the team. I don't see how skills have to be rewritten though, its like buying any other player accept they have one random physical skill or trait perhaps (as suggested)

Thanks for the input though guys.
MixX

Post   Posted: May 14, 2004 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

johan wrote:
While this is a very cool idea, I can see one huge problem with it -- when you first create a team, you could create/scrap, create/scrap until you get a good selection of mutations.

/johan

how many times could you be bothered to go through creating a team? It takes the better part of ½ an hour for me, usually. Unless it's a race I know well, or a team I'm "copying" from paper..
origami

Post   Posted: May 15, 2004 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

You underestimate what some people are willing to do. It wouldn't be worth it to me, but I've known some power gamers who would be perfectly happy to spend twelve hours remaking teams until they got the mutations that they wanted.

Last edited by origami on %b %15, %2004 - %02:%May; edited 1 time in total
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: May 15, 2004 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

origami wrote:
You underestimate what some people are willing to do.

just look at the TR difference Albator2001 had over clockbob in the stunty cup, yet he felt the need to hire Ripper bolgrot aswell?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=343659
Dooby

Post 10 Posted: May 15, 2004 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

That is pretty funny, but you never know in Blood Bowl.

What I might do is try and run through a mock career with them against like sounded teams - trouble is I don't really understand the intricacies of rating calculations. How much would each of these blighters be worth same as a chaos fling with claw for example ?
peikko

Post   Posted: May 16, 2004 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Any ideas that need changing the way Fumbbl or client works will be born dead. Stunty leeg is only a little flavour on Fumbbl and theres enough work to get site and client up to official playtest rules ie. vault.
 Jump to: