17 coaches online • Server time: 06:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
So what should I give this norse blitzer?
Piling On
17%
 17%  [ 18 ]
Tackle
53%
 53%  [ 54 ]
Guard
22%
 22%  [ 23 ]
Something else (please list what)
5%
 5%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 101

swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I rolled a regular skill with a Norse Blitzer on a Chaos Pact Team;

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=39556

Ronald Reagan Norse Blitzer 6 3 3 7 Block, Jump Up, Frenzy, Mighty Blow

I tend to use him as a blitzer of convience on offense looking for juicy targets, especially near the sidelines, and on defense I used him as a safety along with my blockle beastman.

I'm trying to decide between PO, tackle, or guard;

PO would get me more CAS, and a norse blitzer is about the best player to give it to with the JU, and it now works with MB. However, PO is fairly weak as a skill now. While getting a MB PO hit on a breaking away catcher is a nice thought, falling over and not breaking armor could hurt alot.

Tackle is a great skill for a safety of course. OTOH, my lineman only have general skills, so they are always going to have a fair amount of tackle among them. Further, Frenzy does slightly reduce the need for tackle.

Guard is a great skill overall, you can never have too much of it. Further, the lineman can't get it except on doubles. OTOH, this guy isn't generally going to be spending a bunch of time around the other team's bruisers if I can help it.
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 04:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Go tackle and then Get shadowing later and follow the opponent ball handler around you will bring him down eventually
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 04:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup, tackle is worth every penny. With mb alot of blodge 2st players will fear you. With other guards around, you can bring down 3st blodgers as well.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2004 - 06:19 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd go guard. but then, i dont play pact teams so i dont know what you really can get from your other players. since the change, i would NEVER po an av7 player. unfortunate since this really negates any usefullness of jump up, which i think is a weak skill anyway. but thats another thread...
Emberglow

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 16:42 Reply with quote Back to top

yes, take tackle, as you have already given him MB. If he later gets doubles, get him dauntless or diving tackle.

dauntless gives u the opportunity take down big game effectively as u already have MB and frenzy. But since you are playing a pact team, biggies shouldn't be a problem.

That's why i'd go for diving tackle. No self-conscious catcher wants to be near him, so they'll probably want to dodge away. Jump up makes a great combo with DT.
swilhelm73

Post   Posted: Mar 02, 2004 - 21:36 Reply with quote Back to top

So counting the thread at TBB and here, I'm now at

PO 11
Tackle 12
Guard 9

I guess this really isn't a clear cut choice! Thanks for the input guys...and keep it coming! Smile
Lorion

Post   Posted: May 10, 2004 - 16:04 Reply with quote Back to top

MB means tackle...

Post   Posted: May 10, 2004 - 16:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle, all the way

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Tackle, and make him a sweeping saftey. he aint as good at this role as a witch elf cause he is easier to tie up but the extra hit that frenzy give's is hugely useful in stopiing those pesky running squishy things..

Post   Posted: May 11, 2004 - 08:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Im for tackle no doubt, too
Stovaa

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 11:32 Reply with quote Back to top

tackle.

'nuff said.
 Jump to: