45 coaches online • Server time: 14:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 04:03 Reply with quote Back to top

i was talking on the chat today about the possibility of setting up a huge tournament on fumbbl.com with about 128 players but there was some concern about different nationalities playing each other. this lead me to think of a preliminary tournament for each timezone/s and have a final tournament to decide which team would win the presitgious world cup and be crowned the best team on fumbbl.
a variety of things could be implemented into this tournament. coaches with an overall higher ranking will gain a higher seed so the top guys like malthor and miscrael (if they were to play) would get the highest seedings.

the format of the championship would be as follows (on a first come first serve basis)

regional finals:

there will be a league format consisting of 8 teams (all starting at TR100)in a group and the top 2 or 3 from each league will go on to the main finals depending on the demand from each country or region there may be several leagues from each country. this may mean that there may be a lot of scandanavian players in the final tournament... Razz
the seeding will come into effect during the final tournament. it is based on coach rating and will help to keep the top coaches away from each other until the final rounds!!! it also gives the underdogs some notoriety if they cause a huge upset!!!!the final tournament will not have a league format(like the FIFA world Cup) but a straight tournament where the team that does not lose will win the championship. overtime may be played to avoid draws.

the tournament could be well advertised on the main screen and the regional results could be shown and group leaders etc

league scoring would be:
win=15 points
loss=5 points
+/- TD difference
+/- Cas difference (slightly riskyas it could promote fouling)

any coach that cannot field a team must concede his match 2-0

there could be some discussion as to which teams are allowed to take part

a new team has to be created to take part and each coach is only allowed 1 team too

i may have missed out quite a lot but it is now 3am and i have to get up early tomorrow so i can be excused!!!
if anyone has any suggestions then post a reply....
Karlypoops

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i had the very same idea as this, but never got around to starting it as iv'e been busy with variuos other things, although my idea was a bit more complexe. a world tournement yes, but also a fight to claim the title of best team of the specific race.
i had the idea of selecting which races would be allowed to compete, then say 10 or so teams(even number) of each race would be put into their own race league i.e, skaven vs skaven, human vs human, untill at the end, when each team in that race has played all the others once or twice, you get down to the semi finals and finals for that league, the winner wins the title of best race type team and gets to compete in the world championships, the winning team from each race will then be put into the final league, where they will play once or twice against each other team, untill at the end, after the semi finals and finals of the world cup, a supreme winner emergres.

this i thought, was a very good idea, and something which could become a yearly event, what do you think?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 04:45 Reply with quote Back to top

i think your idea is a lot better than the one i suggested but we have to consider the fact that people are asleep at different times but im sure that the people who enter this tournament will be willing to play whoever. a strict system must be set in place so no slackers can be missing matches.

what shall the overall prize be for winning the tournament???

another possibility is to run 2 final tournaments with one being a bashy tournament and the other being a wussy tournament and the winners of each should play each other in a final showdown???

im not the best at working with computers and such so i would need help in setting this thing up!!!

would people reply to this indicating if they would be interested in joining if it was set up.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

and could someone stick up a poll asking if people would be interested in joining this if it was set up (yes/no) and suggestions they may have as im totally rubbish with computers!!!!

cheers!
ilbarizio

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Im interessing to the league
sign me up
Karlypoops

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 13:04 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, the timezone thing can be a bit of a pain, but if you stick up fixtures of who's to play who in the first, say, 10 games, they can see who they have to play and can contact that person, also, say if player 'a' has played his first match, and blayer 'b' has finished his first match, then if they are due to play each other in the 2nd match they can, even if not everyone has played their first game, meaning people can to start with, as long as their opponent is about, play their games as quickly a\s they want, another idea could be to draw up the game fixtures, and give each pair, 2 weeks or 10 days or sumfin to play that match, if they daon't play then the result goes down as a draw (0-0) with no spp's awarded, you might even be able to see if you get some sorta 'day count down timer' so people can see how many days are left to play.
sticking with 1 league would be much less hassle then trying to run 2 side by side, also, as they would be playing against the same race to start with, a 'bashy' team would soon find it's self not scoring much and not making it through to the finals, but a scoring team, would find it's self there, and pick up a lot of spp's on the way, making them bashy due to skill increases, i generally prefer to take a bit of kick to the team, but make sure i got something able to score and gert a balance, i'm not saying bashy teams won't work, it's just that if your playing against the same race as your own team, you are more or less even to start off with, unlike say alizzie team vs a human team, in their first game, seeing as the main body of a lizzie team is strength 4, humans are at a big dis-advantage..so it's gonna pay to have a balanced team, or what ever you find works best for you.

race choices should bedone on a first come first serve basies. so a flood of e-mails is gonna be on the horrizen, once they have got their race, they can make the team, make sure you get their team name and invite em, those teams obviously can not play any games outside of the league fixtures, and all teams are to be new starting team..but of course, your gonna need the interest first, i'd say try and get a minimum of 100 teams, 10 races with 10 teams within each,
on a side note, 1 team per coach in the league too, avoids 'muck ups'
gophur

Post   Posted: May 20, 2003 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

if you separate the speedies from the bashers the final will be a 5-0 victory for the speedy champ. As we all know speedies generate far more spp than bashy teams can...either it should be single race tourneys and winners of the races face off or all races together.
Karlypoops

Post   Posted: May 25, 2003 - 17:27 Reply with quote Back to top

SO, anyting gonna happen about this?
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: May 26, 2003 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably not..... nobody seems to be interested..... Sad
Korhil

Post   Posted: May 26, 2003 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem with any League style tournament if that you get people who enter with a playstyle that in noway promotes winning the game, and playing them first is a disadvantage where INJ's last.

For a Tourney to work and sort out who is actually better at coaching, it needs to be more like Resurrection where INJ's dont carry over.

---Korhil
 Jump to: