25 coaches online • Server time: 04:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 20:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Wild animals were rubbish. A liability.

The new WA is great. Just right.

But auto unstun? Ogre's, Krox unstun on 5 of 6. Ogres and Beasts on 3 in 6 or 5 in 6 if assisted(and as this rolls automatically at the turns start they often arnt if they were blocked/blitzed well the turn before)

Seems to me a slight but noticably advantage and discrepancy, wondered what other thought?

Oh and, just bought a Minotaur. Twisted Evil
phillier

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

SHHHH!!!!
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't forget that they keep their TZs even when angry. Even better. The auto-unstun isn't a huge deal, I think... but it helps.

(This from a guy with a grand total of two big guys in his active teams... one of which is a Tree that doesn't have to worry about it and the other is a Troll in a tourney that is long dead and only played twice... sigh.)

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

i think the new WA is broken... it makes WAs overpowered.

Example: if u have a mino all u need is go around blitzing... he can be assisted, doesn't have to be the first to move and blitzes at str6. Not to speak of the auto unstun thingy. It's way too powerful compared to other big guys. The nega-traits are too soft. (but before they were a bit too harsh)
Flynn

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

the mino was for a long time the best big guy
this just moves him back to the top

Goodbye Cusi
BlackBart

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont really agree that WA is overpowered,
Yes, there is auto turn over. Personally I feel this should be implemented for BH and RS too.
Yes, there is no loss of TZ.
But.... not only does WA lose it's move on a 2+ no matter what. If it does anything other than blitz or block, it becomes a 4+. Yes, you can just use blitzes to move the WA around, but this can easily be wasting blitzes, especially if you get a 1. since you cant RR.

I have played against several teams who have Mino's now with new rules, and havent felt the Mino was overpowering the game at all.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I have been using a minotaur in one of my teams ever since the new WA but trust me; they are just as unreliable as the average troll.

It is a big risk if you let him blitz; 1 out of 6 times you simply lose your blitz!

Compared to mentioned troll has the troll regeneration, extremely useful considering he is always in the thick of the fight. Plus he has AV9.

So for survivability does the Minotaur gain horns, a MA and frenzy.

Not that unfair. Note that the troll does what you want on 2+ if someone is next to him. The Minotaur does what you want if you let him blitz.
I think that this is a big drawback!
Aequitas

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Elkerlyc wrote:

It is a big risk if you let him blitz; 1 out of 6 times you simply lose your blitz!

Not that unfair. Note that the troll does what you want on 2+ if someone is next to him. The Minotaur does what you want if you let him blitz.
I think that this is a big drawback!

Well the first statement is true for all big guys (if the RS guys have assists that is). But that's the risk you take when blitzing with Big Guy's. Myself I'd rather blitz with my Claw/MB guys (not lucky enough to get RSC anymore). Smile
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Well the first statement is true for all big guys

Sure, but if you opt NOT to blitz with the WA he has 50% odds of doing nothing!

Unlike any other BG if I might add.
AsperonThorn

Post   Posted: May 05, 2004 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

In general, I don't or wouldn't ever blitz with ANY big guy, there is always a less risky player to do it that has been developed for blitzing, and has a reroll. So for me, this WA is weaker then the last one, because now I have to roll for a regular block.

Not that my BG's are even used for blocks that much, most people avoid them, so I just march them down the field and let people dive out of his, and the ball carrier that is behind him, way.

Asperon Thorn
Mnemok

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 13:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I played my first game with the new WA rule yesterday. It was clearly an improvement.
But still had my ratogre just standing or lying down (in rage). CanĀ“t say he dominanted the field.

The new rule is like a little worse bonehead, as it should be.

Mnemok
 Jump to: