12 coaches online • Server time: 04:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What would you most like to see (see text)?
A half skaven lineman/half goblin team with some price adjustments + No big guys
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Goblin team with some gutter runners + No big guys
15%
 15%  [ 5 ]
A half skaven lineman/half goblin team with some price adjustments + Rat ogre (1 or 2)
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
Goblin team with some gutter runners + Rat ogre (1 or 2)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
You and your stupid ideas to go and get stuffed
63%
 63%  [ 21 ]
Something else which I have described below
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 33

cjohnsto

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Here is my ideas of some a possible new stunty team.
The main idea was to mix skaven and goblins but there a quite a few ways and I don't want to break the stunty league.

The goobos would gain Ph skill access.
Fluff: Playing with warpstone does strange stuff to goblins too.

The first option would be something like:
0-8 Goblins 50k 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Right stuff, Stunty A, Ph
0-8 Skaven Linemen 60k 7 3 3 7 No Skills G, Ph
Apoth: Yes

Rerolls 80k

The second:
0-12 Goblins 50k 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Right stuff, Stunty A, Ph
0-4 Gutter runners 90k 9 2 4 7 Dodge A, Ph

Rerolls 80k

The other two options add big guys which I think would make the team to powerful but most of the teams seem to be about the big guys so included for completeness.

Now why the first option would not be too strong.
Firstly none of the players get access to str skills to hurt the other teams.
Being str 3 is really good in stunty but not necisarily brilliant and the other teams have big guys to smash up the linemen without worrying about other big guys.
Rerolls are more expensive to help limit them and show lack of team cooperation.
Upped prices of players for gaining Ph access and non stunty players in a stunty league.
Skaven have a low armour so will get hurt like stunties.
More expensive players/rerolls will reduce comparitive numbers.

Why they don't suck:
Lots of players with general skill availiblity.
Will generally out muscle average stunty player.

The second team:
One turners are nothing new to stunty and with lots of diving tackle and tackle around the place it will be easier to stop than in normal league. Also it will inflate the teams player more then stunties one turning since only few players can do it.
Gutter runners aren't much faster than skinks, have better skill access but no big guys to back them up. They also break well just like skinks. Also they don't have stunty trait which is good and bad.
They are str 2 just like other teams.
No big guys can be tough going with only str 2.

Some possible changes for balance could be reducing the number of skaven on the team a bit and increasing goblins.

Would they be fun to play?
Allowing star players with weapons and a star Rat Ogre could help liven things up. You tell me.

The main purpose of this is really to get some discussion and ideas thrown around about the team. I personally prefer the first but maybe with reduced skaven numbers. I like the idea of a team with help from a few normal players instead of big guys and I think skaven fit best into stunty of all the teams to choose from.

Let the ideas fly!
asperon

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Lowdown Ratz here we come.
I like the idea, but 8 players with general access and st 3 is a bad idea. 2nd idea might work better, might even let the runners keep their G access (since the vamplings have 4 players with G access, why not this team).

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

cjohnsto wrote:
... and I don't want to break the stunty league.

Geeze, in that you failed for sure...
Quote:
Now why the first option would not be too strong.
Firstly none of the players get access to str skills to hurt the other teams.

Begging your pardon, but the entire team has access to RSC/Claws on doubles, and unlike chaos halflings they can take them all the time since 8 players have access to the highly sought after general skills...
8 players with Block/Tackle (and RSC/Claws on doubles) in stunty? What have you smoked?
Quote:
Being str 3 is really good in stunty but not necisarily brilliant and the other teams have big guys to smash up the linemen without worrying about other big guys.

Well, having 8 players with Block/Tackle means that you'll have 11 players against 2 big guys in the second half. Add Dirty Player for 8 players on ordinary skill rolls to the equation and tell me this team has problems dealing wiht 2 big guys...
Quote:
Rerolls are more expensive to help limit them and show lack of team cooperation.

This team is able to buy as many RRs as it needs anyhow...
Quote:
Skaven have a low armour so will get hurt like stunties.

No, they will not. They aren't stunty.
Quote:
Why they don't suck:
Lots of players with general skill availiblity.
Will generally out muscle average stunty player.

Once there linerats get their skills they'll annihilate the other stunty sides regularly
Quote:
The second team:
One turners are nothing new to stunty and with lots of diving tackle and tackle around the place it will be easier to stop than in normal league.

Are you on crack? Lots of Tackle in stunty?
Quote:
Also it will inflate the teams player more then stunties one turning since only few players can do it.

Unlike stunties they'll have reliable one-turners though...
Quote:
Gutter runners aren't much faster than skinks, have better skill access but no big guys to back them up.

I doubt you have any idea how strong gutter runners are.
Quote:
They also break well just like skinks.

No, they do not. They aren't stunty!
Quote:
Also they don't have stunty trait which is good and bad.

Well, they have AG 4 which means they're actually better in dodging then ordinary stunties most of the times...
Quote:
They are str 2 just like other teams.
No big guys can be tough going with only str 2.

If the goblins of this team had no access to physical skills, then perhaps this roster might be ok beacuse of str 2 for everyone IMO.
Quote:
Would they be fun to play?

Admittedly, they idea of an Underworld Creepers roster has a certain appeal.
Quote:
Allowing star players with weapons and a star Rat Ogre could help liven things up. You tell me.

Well, the skaven star players wouldn't be a problem IMO, since they've got neither Tackle nor Block.

Sorry about sounding so negative here, but some of your claims were a bit, ehrm, irritating...

Whereas the 2nd roster might work (especially without physical access on goblins), the 1st roster is definitely overpowered. Perhaps the first roster could use 0-16 ordinary goblins and up to 4 skaven, with positional players consuming 2 slots, as in the pact rosters.
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 18:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry about sounding so negative here, but some of your claims were a bit, ehrm, irritating...

Oh don't be I was just sort of throwing ideas out there to se what people thought and mainly to get some discussion about the team idea of combining gobbo and skaven for a stunty team. I honestly think those who have made some of the previous rosters would do a much better job then me but I wanted to give them a start even if it is a bad/broken one.
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 18:09 Reply with quote Back to top

not a stunty team, maybe a dX experimental team, but definately not a stunty team, for the same reasons Mirascael pointd out
asperon

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Ignore the first roster, and think about the second one, along these lines:

0-12 Goblins 40k 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Right stuff, Stunty A
0-4 Gutter runners 90k 9 2 4 7 Dodge A, Ph, G
probably want the RR around 60k

No bigguys, but still the runners have the chance to get dauntless, so it should probably work

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

That's also horribly broken, although from a scoring point of view, not bashing.

If the Goblins just stand in the way, even two Gutter Runners would be totally unstoppable. Since they're not stunty, they can pass the ball properly, then run away from everyone, and have Block/Dodge to fend off the little guys.

/johan
LordSigmund

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

heh, the idea of having a 'very fast guy' with G access rather than a big guy is interesting, but they would still turn into the ultimate blitzing machines with claw/rsc, ma9, ag4 and block/tackle

far too unbalanced
Clementus

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Horrific, truly horrific!

Flings Rule!
cjohnsto

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I can just picture Clementus clasping his head yelling my eyes my eyes they burn!
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 07, 2004 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

My EYES THEY BURN THEY BURN!

Seriously... 4 players, ma9 physical, ag4, av7 no stunty, dodge AND general access???

ARE YOU MAD?

the other one is even more broken... but seriously, it would totally outscore anything

Might even outbash if they roll a double or so...
block tackle claw gutter can maim stunties like no tomorrow!
Andariel

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 12:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Why not make a stunty version of the gutter runner?

give the team two of these buggers and i think it would be balanced... something like:

7 2 4 6 Dodge, Stunty A 80k . They would be a scoring machine true, just running past any tzs... but a team with this and gobbos would be owned cause no big guys were present still... but i wouldnt give them a RO, maybe a 4st version of it though.
odi

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Ag4 stunty, there's no stopping them. Well, how about you give them their 9 2 4 7 G A Ph Stunty Dodge 80k, but since they are just stupid stunty rodents, why don't you give them really stupid, that'll allow the opposing stunties to catch up with them. So they'll do just fine when they are part of their rat pack, but once on their own... If they fail, they'll be taken down and fouled out.

Actually it might be better to give them fling partners, so the speed difference will really show. And why don't you give them a RO, so they can atleast toss some brain power to the lone gr Smile

That could be fun.
Ofcourse I don't have any idea about team building...
Ploopy

Post   Posted: May 17, 2004 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

You could make the gutters ag3 and give them two heads. that would make them a bit more bad in ballhandling
 Jump to: