54 coaches online • Server time: 19:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
karix

Post   Posted: May 09, 2004 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

The 4 major tourney's idea is awesome... in fact any tournament/league in which there is a prize at the end would get me interested as it would many other coaches... and i know faction does do this to a degree but it seems to far away to get to F1 when you're in fq to win a prize....

but thats not the point... the major tournaments would be something to aim for and look forward to for any team, and enforced fluffing of the teams involved could enhance the depth of them even further
Christer

Post   Posted: May 09, 2004 - 08:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

F1 too far away? I just took an orc ream there in 17 games.. Let's say I win my remaining 6 games this round (hard to do in F1, but still).. That would get me the title in 23 games... This feels very quick to me... Smile

And yes, tournaments of some kind are very likely in this new division.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 07:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe a new ladder would be the ideal place to playtest the Vault rules once they've been implemted.

As a first draft, as an example (not considering all the other good suggestions made so far specifically):

- New teams in the division start with a cap of 150.
- Teams are only allowed to play against teams with the same cap.
- To get a higher cap, a team must win a cup (8 games swiss or KO as in the current fumbbl cup). Cups can only contain teams with the same cap, of course. Cups can be played whenever 8 teams have joined.
- If a team has won a cup, it's cap is raised by 50.
- The highest possible cap is 300.
- Each 3 months one of the 4 major tournaments is played. A coach may join these tournaments with one of his teams that have reached a cap of 300 (i.e. their cap is 300, they need not have actually reached the cap, of course).
Uber

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 07:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that's a great idea.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Ya - it's the best way to make Ladder a unique experience while at the same time, playtesting faulty ..... er ..... new rules.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2004 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

On a second thought, perhaps in this division it should only be allowed to play in cups at all, that way cherry-picking would become next to impossible.
Mully

Post   Posted: May 18, 2004 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer - I think one thing that needs to be reviewed is ladder scoring. A system that makes sense.

For example, the current ladder leader has a record of 1-0-2 and is ahead of teams that are 1-0-0 and 1-0-1. The scoring should make more sense so that these "odd" features don't exist.

Mully

Jump to: