88 coaches online • Server time: 22:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
pac

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2008 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Still working on collating these - please keep them coming!
Plorg

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2008 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Halfling Defense:
Code:
....|...D...|....
....|...D...|....
....|...D...|....

T = Tree (probably with Guard)
H = Hafling (regular expendable)
S = Halfling with Side Step
D = Halfling with DP or some other value making them worth protecting

The Trees can widen one square if playing against Dodgy teams.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2008 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
duke: it is nice you use code so the small dots are the same size as the characters....but why do you use the 0s then? Wink

btw: my standard formation for almost all teams vs anything except 1-2 turn for opponent.
Code:
....|..XXX..|....
....|...X...|....
....|...X...|....

The idea with this set-up is to force the opponents to a side and then casing them in, pushing them more and more to the side. Works best against teams that play a running game, but the best tactic against an elf passing game is to force them to score quick and score twice in turn 8 for the 2-1 anyway so it isn't that much of a problem they can flood your half with receivers.

I use a variant of this for most of my elves and rats (below):
Code:
_________________ los
....|..XXX..|.... 1
....|.......|.... 2
....|X..X..X|.... 3
....|..X.X..|.... 4
....|.X.X.X.|.... 5
....|.......|.... 6

The two guys on the outside (row 3) invariably get blitzed, it's usually a good idea to sidestep them diagonally (to row 4) next to the players at their backs so a gangfoul is impossible on them. If I don't have sidesteppers, I expect either of those players to be gone from turn 1. Wink

The safest spots are the positions on row 4, and the middle position on row 5. The advantage of mine over Rijssiej's is that the open diagonals allow players to cross from left to right and vice versa as necessary without moving anything in the middle. However, Rijssiej said his intention is for the other team to choose one side and roll down - making it less important for him. For myself, I find that most coaches prefer to take it a bit slower and set up a safe pocket in their own half before moving down - in which case my setup works better. Razz