38 coaches online • Server time: 13:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Michael_Warblade

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 07:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I have put in some tips for Necromantic Teams

if anyone has any comments (or another way of looking at the team) please add them to the entry.

if anyone wants to write any tips on anyother teams feel free to post here when its done so we can look at it

Michael
Colin

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks very much for the submission, Michael. There's a few things I'd like changed about it though; there are already a number of 'template' strategies available to copy (Lizardmen, for example), to give each race strategy page a consistent look, and a link to the set up page for that race is recommended too. What I do is go to the Lizardman page, click 'Edit', copy the contents of the page (which includes all the formatting syntax), and paste it into the new strategy page Edit. I then delete the main body of text and change the links, leaving just the paragraph titles.

For the existing race strategies, there's plenty of room for more detail, especially on recommended skill choices. Feel free to add to them. Specifically, I'd like a Vampire coach to add a description of how they play to the Vampire strategy page - I didn't feel qualified to write that part myself.

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

OK necros have been updated again so now they are in a similar form to the lizardmen (although I have development tips and offensive/defensive tips as well)
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 03:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Added some formating to the necro page, but left the text itself untouched.
Colin

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 03:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Fixed spelling and grammar on the Necromantic Strategy page, and changed the link to the SetUp page into a wiki-link.

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2004 - 22:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I have added a chaos dwarf strategy, it follows the format Michael_Warblades article.

If you have any suggestions for changes, lets have a game and I'll show you who's right by kicking your ass...

Kidding Smile

The guide might be too long and it probably needs some MINOR editing.
Colin

Post 1 Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 04:52 Reply with quote Back to top

OK, I´ve been slowly adding to the Racial Strategies section over the last while, most recently adding Skaven, High Elves and Wood Elves. I've noticed they are becoming a little long; does anyone think there is stuff in them that really shouldn't be there? Take a look and see what you think.

A lot of races have no strategy guide at all...don't be afraid to add a few. The UG doesn't bite...
chunky04

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I've added in a Nurgle's Rotters strategy guide.

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Nicely job, chunky04! Well written, and you've taught me a thing or too about not getting carried away with skill advice. I'll just tidy up the formatting, but the text itself is perfect.

Edit: I see no mention of Spikes - is it not popular with Rotter's coaches for keeping Beastmen alive?

Last edited by Colin on %b %26, %2004 - %00:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Colin

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

A note on a few conventions for further entries:
1) Always capitalise race, players positions and skills.
2) place 3 x '!' before the page title i.e. !!!Bretonnian Strategy Guide
3) place 1 x '!' before each sub-heading i.e. !Summary
chunky04

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2004 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't really given it a go yet. I've thought of using it for Rotters and Beasts, but not really for beastmen. They can usually get something far more useful I've found. You just spread your spp's around so that when the beastmen inevitably go, you can replace them easily.

I think I actually forgot the spread the spp's suggestion in the guide, so I'll go put it in, as it's one of the most important things IMO.
Colin

Post   Posted: May 16, 2004 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just added an Undead Stretegy page - I'd appreciate it if some experienced Undead coaches would take a look at it (I've never used them but my elves have always suffered horrible luck against them): http://fumbbl.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpWiki&file=index&pagename=UndeadStrategy

Of the LRB races, only Elf and Goblin still require a strategy page, as do Ogres. Some of the first strategy guides are a little sparse, though - Amazon, Chaos, Human, Lizardman, Khemri, Dwarf, and Orc Strategy pages are either missing some parts or need some fleshing out; I'd also appreciate it is someone sorted out the Skaven player development section - it's a mess as it is. Dividing it up into the different positions, as seen in the Elf and Undead pages, would be a recommended format. The Halfling guide is ripped from posts by Galak, and need updating for the current ruleset.

Stunty coaches have sadly neglected their teams! Also, the new additions to stunty need to be added to the User Guide.
Squiggy

Post   Posted: May 23, 2004 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

not so much an addition, but a subtraction...

in the races list, skinks still have 1 big guy showing as available to the team, even though they can't have any.

Could somebody fix that possibly?

LordSigmund

Post   Posted: May 23, 2004 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I added the fairy entries, if they arent formatted properly, could someone do it for me, ive no idea how to do the formatting
 Jump to: