56 coaches online • Server time: 22:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2003 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Would it be nice if there could be fourth division in Fumbbl where people could do teams for tournaments that for some reason cant allow teams to play normal Open/DiVX/Stunty matches so that these tournaments would not be taking away teams from real divisions? I dotn think it would load the server more than situation now cause all retired teams are on database and it would not generate more matches played than normally cause lets face it, most of us active ones are so lunatic that we play 24/7 anyway Smile
If needed there could be some restrictions of different tournaments that ppl can join or something silly like that. It could also allow these tournament teams would not affect statistics if wanted.
CC_Blood

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2003 - 22:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If the server capacity exists, that's a good idea - but I don't want FUMBBL any slower as it actually is =/
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2003 - 03:10 Reply with quote Back to top

No extra server load, and it wouldn't be too much trouble to set up. The question really is would it be used enough to make it worth setting up?

The Finishing Touch
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2003 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I have problems with that - three "tourneys" in open I'd like to be part of/would like to join, + my regular gobblin team I don't want to give up. There are at least two other people in the upcoming G.E.R. that have similar "space" problems.

Makes 3 - how much more are needed? =).
AlphaX

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2003 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I skipped peasant bowl...
peikko

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2003 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

In my knowledge theres now Peasant Bowl and G.E.R. that uses open slots for tournaments that take away teams. Unfortunately there seems to be couple players that would like to play in both. Should we set up a poll to see if division like this is needed?
Jigplums

Post   Posted: May 08, 2003 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

i think a league slot would be a great idea. if it could be set up it could be like ne other open or divx slot but not come up when u type bblfg so people know u cant use em
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: May 08, 2003 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

yes it is a great Idea! Cause everytime I say "bb lfg" in the chat, I have to explain that my human team is needed for further tournaments.

A Tournaments Slot is great. Maybe we could limit the other slots such as DivX to gain the Extra Slot.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2003 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to bump this one again. There is support for this [much needed] thing out there and people really would like it from what I heard on IRC ... come out in the open, here Smile.

-Mnemon
AlphaX

Post   Posted: May 28, 2003 - 01:32 Reply with quote Back to top

league slots would be cool! Right now I'm going to skip NBBA as it would require me to retire a team.

it would also be sweet if you could move a team in and out of leeg slot - for example some person wont play their ANARCHIST team right now since they don't want their team to get hurt. (lol) ...

also, if the leeg breaks up - one might want to keep the team and retire another ...

also, maybe leeg slots should know what team you have to play... so when you type BB LFG it gives you a reminder if the other coach is present...
 Jump to: