61 coaches online • Server time: 12:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Delta

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Diarmuid wrote:
Quote:

There is nothing I love more than leaping into a cage with my WD and taking the ball when the opposing coach thinks he is sitting safe!

It's called surehands and guarders next to the ball carrier. If you did that with your wardancer against me I would get very gitty indeed.

I didn't say it was foolproof.....I just said I loved it!! :wiink:

And deathgerbil....I expect the boot on all wardancers...regardless of where they are on the pitch!!

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 08:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Deathgerbil: you do not need a team full of tentacles and foul appearances. 3 fa and one or two tentacles will do.

And these mutations work vs bashy teams as well... Even a fully clawed Chaos team will have to pick up the ball sometimes.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 11:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Unless you're facing an ag5 player, setting up a two man deep protection will usually keep em from scoring. Even if they blitz the first guy, they'll have to dodge 3 times, including 2 at -1. Elves usually don't risk that. The problem with that strategy is that they will usually try to go for the other side when you line up on one side like this. The woodies are especially good at this with their high MA. The other elves aren't as efficient in shifting like this, but they can still do it. They'll usually find a way to score, but that kind of setup will make it much harder for them to do so.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

And these mutations work vs bashy teams as well... Even a fully clawed Chaos team will have to pick up the ball sometimes

Fa doesn't work on pickups. Clawed chaos teams run the ball, not pass it.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2004 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Just make them roll lots of dice.

2+ with rerolls will fail if enough dice are rolled. Not necessarily stack a bunch of tacklezones on key players, just create a ton of 2+ rolls, on everyone. End every turn with as many guys as you can in contact with an elf. And if they aren't dodging away from your guys, hit them, and make them pay for thier insolence. A bunch of guard can ussually prevent them from hitting you back, too much.

Asperon Thorn
 Jump to: