36 coaches online • Server time: 01:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Frames or no frames?
Yes, I would like all to have frames
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
No, just resize and crop them
62%
 62%  [ 18 ]
Something else
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
pie etc.
10%
 10%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 29

peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2008 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that public galleries will soon be cleaned up, I would like to know if you would want remaining pictures to have standard frames or not? I have made sample pictures to Beasts in public gallery page. You can find both old wrong sized pictures and after them cropped, resized and framed ones.

Of course this would only include basic pictures, not those custom made by Angelface or Tesifonte for example.
Nighteye

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2008 - 20:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive never been interested in frames, especially if they manage to cover up the player#.

As a somewhat avid undead/necromantic player, im more concerned with having good decent pictures of standard positions, so i can show off my trophy zombies Smile
Plorg

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2008 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I would prefer without frames.
Some coaches may want to add frames customized to their own team, and I think existing boilerplate frames would be difficult to remove and make the pictures unusable in this context..
screech

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2008 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Frames make the pics too complicated in my opinion.
I don't need the position name underneath, I have plenty of other places to look for that info.
It just gives us a smaller portrait.

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2008 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I like frames, but without frames it means you can modify the pics and add your own frames easier:)

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2008 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Kinks wrote:
I like frames, but without frames it means you can modify the pics and add your own frames easier:)

Agreed, again.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2008 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not worried either way. My hope that the clearout won't be too extensive. Ok yeah there are some rough ones that need to be removed, but on the whole most are ok.

I use for instance some bretts, lizzies, chaos and orc figs that ok are not well painted are ok pics. They remind me of the figs you do see on tt and are very characterful for that.

If I start pre guessing what is to be removed, I'll be downloading/uploading 200 pics (maybe).
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2008 - 07:46 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I'm not worried either way. My hope that the clearout won't be too extensive. Ok yeah there are some rough ones that need to be removed, but on the whole most are ok.

On quality side only the very worst will be removed. Other that will be deleted are clearly copyrighted pictures, like pictures of celebs. Non-bb pictures and clearly themed to some team pictures will also go.
With the rest I try to resize/crop wrong sized pictures to standard size which means they will need to be selected again because their url changes.
veron

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2008 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I never liked the frames myself, would rather see just the image.
peikko

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2008 - 08:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, actually could do both, just resize and crop wrong sized pictures and add alternative versions with frames from suitable pictures, aint much more work.
Cyco

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2008 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Well, actually could do both, just resize and crop wrong sized pictures and add alternative versions with frames from suitable pictures, aint much more work.

Well, thats great, then we all get what we want. Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2008 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Without.

Enhance YOUR FUMBBL

SillySod

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2008 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I prefer to avoid frames, the pictures are already framed by the client (in a sense). However....

This one in particular is excellent. If you could do most of them frames without trouble that'd be great but otherwise I'd definately look at adding frames to undersized pictures such as this beast. Somehow it really improves it.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: