41 coaches online • Server time: 16:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2008 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
I did get a bit carried away, and I noticed there were diminishing returns as the number of layers got well into double figures!

Having options in the double digits is awesome. Trying to use all those options at once is a bit of a headache. The tip was for those creating pitches, rather than for the set itself. I definitely like the variety in there.

Also, regarding the on-field image, moving it below the top layer can give you some nice texture. It's definitely worth playing around with it to see what works best with your particular layout.

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2008 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

BadMrMojo wrote:
Also, regarding the on-field image, moving it below the top layer can give you some nice texture. It's definitely worth playing around with it to see what works best with your particular layout.

As long as people know they can turn off the excess layers, I think it'll do nicely.

A little irregularity in the lines is no bad thing - possibly the best way to do this is to have a dust layer on the very top - a transparent layer with just a little brown airbrushing to make it look used. I'll have to play with this to see if it works better than the eraser.

pt0510 - I see your pitch has been downsized even more using Picassa Web Albums; did you intend it to be 800 pixels on the long edge?

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2008 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

aprently so......>.< not sure on all this its the same size given in your image

Post   Posted: Aug 15, 2008 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I love the Wembley effect pitch. Any chance we'll see a finished field with dug outs and weather variations? (I'd do them myself using that marvelous tool you've created, only I'm suffering from all possible negatraits when it comes to photoshopping and the like)
Colin

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2008 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm away from my main computer right now, so if someone could confirm the image size of the Set is still 1201x602, I'd be grateful.

Dug out and weather effects are next on the list - if someone else wants to do them, I'd be quite happy to include them (with due credit given, of course!)

Post   Posted: Aug 16, 2008 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
I'm away from my main computer right now, so if someone could confirm the image size of the Set is still 1201x602, I'd be grateful.

Myth confirmed!

It is still 1201 x 602.

Post   Posted: Aug 19, 2008 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I've written a blog entry on my continued work.

What I'd like some suggestions on is how to achieve the harder weather effects (wet, hot, blizzard) in the form of layers and/or actions/scripts. I have both GIMP and Photoshop (I've used the former exclusively thus far), so can follow instructions specific to either. I'm almost there with the wet pitch, but I still want better quality than what I'm getting.