29 coaches online • Server time: 02:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Master_Northok

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2008 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, I'm new and have nearly no experience in this forum.
In life I made a few games and I'm not as bad as a starter who had never played BB before, I think, but I've got no idea how to play against others in this league. It would be nice of you if you would help me a little bit.
(I'm a german, don't wonder about my english)
Nemeton

Post   Posted: Sep 04, 2008 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Get on the chat, that makes it alot easier to explain.

http://fumbbl.com/chat.php

The bottom link starts the java applet if you dont have IRC installed
Master_Northok

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2008 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm rare on...
maybe again on monday at 5 pm
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2008 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Starting on fumbbl is hard. So try to make the first few games easier for yourself. Join academy, and play there, and once you have played a few game join the 145 club. This is designed for player without the skill to win major tournies.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2008 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want some strategy and tactics tips then check out the Tactics & Strategy section of the user guide.

harvestmouse wrote:
Starting on fumbbl is hard. So try to make the first few games easier for yourself. Join academy, and play there, and once you have played a few game join the 145 club. This is designed for player without the skill to win major tournies.

This is excellent advice.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2008 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

1- Remember that the average Fumbbler is a very competent BB player. You are likely to lose in the beginning. A lot.

2- Don't get discouraged.

3- Resist the temptation to blame the dice when things go wrong. Believe it or not, Bloodbowl is not a game of luck. It's a game of dice, but not a game of luck. Try to learn from your mistakes. It's the only way to improve.

4- Try the 145 Club. It's a good place to have a tournament against other newcomers.

5- Read this: Seven Tips for Bloodbowl Competence. Very useful advice for players with few games under their belt.

6- Welcome on Fumbbl!!!!

Post   Posted: Sep 05, 2008 - 21:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Always make sure you look at team RATING, team STRENGTH and COACH RANKING before issuing or accepting a challenge. It's important to know if your teams are evenly matched (or not) it is also important to know how good your opponent is.
 Jump to: