35 coaches online • Server time: 13:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Araznaroth

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Might be because servers are down but haven't seen much academy teams in the gamefinder.
djs

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 14:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I expect I'll be looking for a game this weekend.
I've not played BloodBowl for years, the last time was when it had the polystyrene board and I've yet to actually play a game of JavaBBowl, but you've got to start somewhere.
Russo

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 14:10 Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest there are not always many coaches advertising teams in Academy as it is meant for new coaches. Therefore it will be hit and miss if you can get games.

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
djs

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it better then to go straight into League matches then or should I stick it out in Academy until I've found my footing?
Sinner

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 14:32 Reply with quote Back to top

djs wrote:
Is it better then to go straight into League matches then or should I stick it out in Academy until I've found my footing?

Start straight away Smile

No.

I'd say, stick with academy till you are comfortable with the client (handling and using certain skills - multiblock, leap, piling on). But you can learn this in a standalone game as well (edit the rosters with the necessary skills).

Then start right away. You will learn tactics as you play... no need to practise those Very Happy

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers for advice
SillySod

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2008 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing that with the servers down no-one really fancies explaining the much more complicated way you'll have to connect to games or trying to explain "what you'd normally do" at the same time (which is the important thing).

djs wrote:

Ask around in main chat for an opponent, say you want your first game. You should be sorted out within an hour unless things are really slow, I guess the main point is that you probably dont want to stay in [A]cademy too long because the waiting times are worth it to start with (cos you get a friendly person to talk you through everything) but thats less important once you've got the hang of the client.

If you're looking for some league action then Koadahs 145 Club is a great place to start.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: