10 coaches online • Server time: 04:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like to see the FF while "looking for game"?
Yes.
31%
 31%  [ 13 ]
No.
46%
 46%  [ 19 ]
Don't know, don't care?
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
what!?
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 41

Grouillormd

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2003 - 10:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I have this idea that we could post the FF of each teams while "looking for game" cause the fan factor is an important "factor",hehe Wink , I think that:

Arrow It affects the way a game can go;
Arrow Certainly for the kick-off;
Arrow But for the money too! Very Happy

Anyhow, it's just a suggestion, just that it would be less of an hassle.
Rorshac

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2003 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

On the other hand, some players might refuse to play teams who have ended up with a low fan-factor, making it very difficult for such teams to get a game.
tore

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2003 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I often check teams anyway for FF before I play them. I always try to start a team with FF 9, and subsequently it tends to remain fairly high. If your team needs money, there's nothing worse than being suckered into a game with an opponent with FF 3 or 4. The info we can get from the irc-feedback the better.

.: Tore
fzman

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2003 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Its pretty discrimantory to refuse to play people all because of their fan factor, some people start with high and due to consistent bad rolls it keeps going down ( i'm not bitter about winning 3-0 and getting 5cas and still having my ff go down yet again.. nooo... not bitter at all Wink )
psikobunny

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2003 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

i think if im that interested about a team, im loading the page anyway. its just another source of snobbery if its displayed every time someone types bb lfg
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2003 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed FF does strange things at times. Won 7 [with 2+ cass and 2+ TDs, usually] games with my Norse in G.E.R. but still am stuck with the original 9 - my gobbos FF went down to 1 quickly from 12 in only very few matches ... now he went back up to 4 in 4 matches in a row.

If you want money playing a high FF game is all fair and that - but don't forget that having the higher FF does give you an advantage as well [PI/Rock Throw etc.] - I'd play both types of matches.

-Mnemon
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2003 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I always look at a roster before I play a game, if its important to you then just load the roster up. I check all sorts of stuff before I will play. Its not practical to list everything, just go check
schuggerbaby

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2003 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Checking the roster of the other team has become mandatory for me - after I had given a Chaos team a recoup match with my DE. Boy, was that a slaughter! He surely got his recovery while I had to retire my team afterwards.
I must admit that I check the other teams FF first, then look at the roster and then check their casualties and SPPs rewarded for them. If you have teams on the 200TR bordery and your own FF is far from being good, cash is the only thing that keeps your team alife in the long run.
 Jump to: