56 coaches online • Server time: 23:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Quizard

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

afaik TS is the basis of judging if a blackbox match is fair or not.

I think there should be two comparisions made. The first one is obviously the comparison of total TS. The second one should imho be the comparision of the TS if only the 11 players that contributed the highest to the teams TS were taken into account.

I think that a matchup can still be totally unbalanced if one team has 11 players and the other one 16, and the 5 reserve players account for a sgnificant part of the TS. Whoever would be on the field, they would still be outclassed by the extremely high TS starting eleven.
j0de

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

... and once you hurt/knock out (given they don't come back next kickoff!) a couple of his players things look a lot better for you. Smile

I fail to see your point really.
Lill-Leif

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, there is a reason people have reserves...
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 16:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Quizard wrote:

I think there should be two comparisions made. The first one is obviously the comparison of total TS. The second one should imho be the comparision of the TS if only the 11 players that contributed the highest to the teams TS were taken into account.

I think that a matchup can still be totally unbalanced if one team has 11 players and the other one 16, and the 5 reserve players account for a sgnificant part of the TS. Whoever would be on the field, they would still be outclassed by the extremely high TS starting eleven.

The 16 men team would foul the crap out of the 11 men team and by turn 1 second half they would have a safe numerical advantage that no block-tackle linos could compete with.

Also, team management is an important factor in bb. If you prefer to have few good players, then fine. If you prefer to have depth on your bench, also fine. Finding the optimum considering the race you're coaching and the possible range of opponents is part of bb skill. Why should TS make up for poor team management?

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

you don't know how TS is calculated, do you?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Your reserves actually add less to your TS than your starting 11, the formula already takes this into account Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
nin

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Your reserves actually add less to your TS than your starting 11, the formula already takes this into account Smile

It also takes into account armor, so high armor teams get less TS for reserves (that they are more unlikely to need)

TS formula is quite complex.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 11, 2008 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Quizard wrote:

since you started off this post with a completely wrong speculation...

you should have just stopped talking right there...

which brings me to another point...

why don't you quit coming up with your inane ideas for ruining a good thing, and actually come to irc and play the system?.....but then again i guess that would be a good idea, in comparison to your regular trend of ideas that...aren't so good...

right?

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: