46 coaches online • Server time: 15:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Renegade

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2004 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Once every four years, Blood Bowl fans and players alike rejoice the arrival of the greatest competition ever to grace FUMBBL grounds: the FIFA Old World Cup (OWC).

This is the Forum for The OWC.

It's an ongoing tournament which will take place every 6 months. Lets get some spark back in the Unranked division. Start playing those matches and building those teams!

The only problem I can foresee at this stage is all the high team rating already belonging to an ongoing league or tournament and being unable to enter. Therefore, I may extend the ten day application phase.

If you have an unranked team close to the 170 mark now is the time to get the matches in to push it over!

Any views or comments on the proceedings will be graciously accepted.
Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2004 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Renegade - I think to distringuish this Cup from other cups you need to uphold the ideal you sought on the News Web. IE - only "great" teams should be allowed to enter. Can't define what great might be, but something along the lines of minimum winning percentage of 60%.

This will keep many of the hack and slash teams that dominate the FUMBBL Cups from entering. Otherwise you end up with just another "who can kill the most opponents" cup.

Admittedly you may not be able to reach 32 teams the 1st time around, but at least you will have 16 or more TOP teams in it and no 0-5-15 trash with a +50 CAS rate.

Mully

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2004 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Absolutely right Mully,

I've been checking over the teams and coaches. Most are above the coach win percentage minimum of 60% but in the interest of race variety i've had to invite some that fall slightly short.

The spaces are filling up quite nicely now. Already I have 17 exceptional coaches so i'm getting a good vibe with regards to achieving a 32 team cup. I've even pursuaded a few of Fumbbl's greatest coaches to participate. This should prove to be a very exciting competition.
Renegade

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2004 - 19:19 Reply with quote Back to top

There are precious few spaces left in in the OWC.

If you and your squad wish to travel to the cold, bleak stadiums of Naggorath. Go to the group pageand sign up.

Coaches that desperately wish to participate but don't have a high rated team in the U division be aware that teams can be transfered. This is a permanent transition.

However should you be sucessful and claim the title you and your squad will automatically qualify for the next competition as well as the personal pride and sense of real achievement winning the Old World Cup will bring. Remember, only one coach can lift the coveted Trophy at Naggorath '06

Contact me through PM or via the chat before doing so and I will tell you then whether your team has the credentials to feature in the greatest Unranked tournamnet on Fumbbl.
 Jump to: