44 coaches online • Server time: 16:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 03:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I am playing [B] because it gives me easier games than [R] and its a refreshing change.

That asside, the actual reason I'm playing [B] is because it brings BB closer to other competitive games in that it dosent let you just play a whole load of bias matchups (imagine playing monopoly with a guy who would only play if you gave him mayfair for free at the start). I prefer a good league but they require more free time (or rather "available time") so [B] is a great place for me to play the bulk of my games.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I play [B] cos I am addicted. Thanks Big C.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 03:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Mostly, I'm playing [B] because of the friendlier atmosphere, and because (as a new player) it's nice to be able to get in on the ground floor of something. I mean, for example, I have a pretty good wood elf team in [R]. They may die someday, or they may not. Either way, I am basically never going to have one of the great Wood Elf teams in the history of the division, because there are teams that have been going for years and played 800 games. But in [B], there's no teams that have got a head start on my current teams. If I keep playing with my Wood Elves, and manage to survive and win, I'm right up there with everyone else.

Of course, that's temporary -- and maybe not that important. But the whole atmosphere is better, really. There's people talking and joking in the chat. There's never the feeling that maybe the guy challenging you is trying to pull something by asking for the match. And for now, at least, it's a smaller semi-manageable community.

(Hell, I ran a forward passing orc team back in the '90s. You probably shouldn't listen to me. Ever.)
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

yes to all of the above

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually [B] feels more like REAL Bloodbowl- because matchups are made by the bot.
An important point is that I don't find myself thinking about some nagging and ridiculous questions like: "do I play [B] for the right reason?"...
[B] is as [R] should be: NO pre match arrangements - not even by simply "not playing DP teams" which is one of many hidden ways in [R] to sneak around the rules. There is no picking- Neither do I need to worry whether it is picky to offer a match nor will I be in any risk of being picked.
Actually it even encourages me to give some Elves another try ... without having to say "yes" to a tough match as well as set apart from any possibility to elfbowl it sounds lots more attractive.
Let's see how they'll do though...
Qaz

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 09:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Purplegoo wrote:
Well, exactly.

If you're playing to prove a point, you're wasting your lesiure time trying to make points to internet guys you'll prolly never meet.

Play wherever makes you happiest. If that's [B], then great!

Never meet? I ment most of the guys alot of the guys from Fumbbl.dk and I still make an effort to say say hi in Irl to some of them when I am in copenhaen. And I know a lot of Other people from Fumbbl met in Nottingham so where they could cheer PeetW to his win.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Qaz wrote:
Purplegoo wrote:
Well, exactly.

If you're playing to prove a point, you're wasting your lesiure time trying to make points to internet guys you'll prolly never meet.

Play wherever makes you happiest. If that's [B], then great!

Never meet? I ment most of the guys alot of the guys from Fumbbl.dk and I still make an effort to say say hi in Irl to some of them when I am in copenhaen. And I know a lot of Other people from Fumbbl met in Nottingham so where they could cheer PeetW to his win.

Well, actually I've met LOADs of WIL guys in real life (I was at Pete's too), but you know what I meant! Smile
westerner

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ahalfling wrote:
Mostly, I'm playing [B] because of the friendlier atmosphere, and because (as a new player) it's nice to be able to get in on the ground floor of something.
There's never the feeling that maybe the guy challenging you is trying to pull something by asking for the match. And for now, at least, it's a smaller semi-manageable community.

Aye!

I'm fairly new myself. I was concerned that [B] would be a vary bashy place, but since that's all understood upfront, it's not so bad.

And I *LOVE* being able to get matches reliably. Last night I played 3 matches in 3 hours - which was great!

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2008 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hogshine wrote:
JanMattys wrote:
3- All the cool guys do it, and I want to be accounted among the cool guys

This is the only reason I started. But then my first (and so far only) game was against Jan... :'/

Nevertheless, in real life that attitude is like playing with fire. Shocked

Jump to: