28 coaches online • Server time: 03:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Gatts

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, there's really nothing i like better then the majors here on Fumbbl, but i do see myself spending most of my time in the box from here onwards.

So my suggestion is to allow the Major tournaments to have participants from both (R) and (B).

I firmly believe that (B) is atleast as competetive and "fair" as ranked ever was, and I seriously doubt that the (B) teams will exceed the powerlevels of the most inflated (R) teams so including (B) will priobably not hurt the "balance" in future majors but just give the coaches who spend most their time there a chance to enter a favourit team into a favourite major.

I seriously dont see any bad side to this, if it is possible in the fumbbl programing to find a way to match teams from different divisions against eachother. It wont ruin or dilute the majors in any way, and even if it will be difficult for a (B) team to win a major there's no harm in letting them try.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 07:19 Reply with quote Back to top

we shall have our own tourneys, and [R] can look on in envy!

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

B will have its own tourneys; B teams will be uncompetitive in R tourneys because R teams have time to "prep" for majors.
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

What is this? Was it not the whole point of this division to distinguish the games from those of Ranked? Why all of a sudden try to merge the two? Either it's major tourneys or smacks or whatever. They are there, go play them with Ranked teams.

pac

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
we shall have our own tourneys

And cake. Don't forget the cake. That'll be even more enviable.
nin

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, imho there could be [R]anked only tournaments, BBox only tournaments, and mixed tournaments.

For example an XFL-BBox could encourage race diversity (wich some people see like an issue)

And the Fumbbl Cup is suposedly for the whole comunity (now sadly it's only [R]anked), so it could be mixed.

On the other hand, Fumbbl Tour looks like a more [R]anked idea as it's TR capped and runs all over the year (making difficult to get into with competitive BBox teams several times)

...and I agree with pac, cake for BBox, pie is [R]anked
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

All I ask for Christmas is an official statement that DivB will have NO Birthday gifts.
Then I'd be a happy bunny.

Post   Posted: Nov 13, 2008 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

im not talking about a merge of the two its just a wish to be able to compete in the majors that i love , with teams I will be playing.

I dont care if I wont be comeptetive, I am not competetive anyway with my tr 220 humans or vampires or whatever I have eben joining with I want to participate anyway, i know its a selfish request but i truly dont see the harm in it.

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't played in [B] yet (I haven't played at all for a long time, come to think of it... *sob*) which puts me slightly in the corner, but still, to me this doesn't sound like a good idea at all.

I think (and I know it's been mentioned in other threads, it's not my own brainchild) that mixing [R] and [B] would put the particular feeling of [B] that you are trying to create at risk. The fact that you cannot plan your team's future in the same way in [B] as in [R] gives a certain sense of "Carpe Diem" when you play, a feeling that I have heard many of you praise. Personally I think this sounds very positive for the future of FUMBBL, and it would be sad to mix it with the more calculating competitiveness of [R].

Rather than to mix [R] and [B], or for that matter make [B] a shadow image of [R] (Which is what I think many of you are trying to push for, probably because you have many good memories from [R] as well as all your favourite teams there.) I think we should strive to make [B] something unique.

Just off the top of my head: Why not moving the Championship to [B]? I haven't heard much talking about the Championship ever, as far as I can recall. It's not noted in your profile, no prizes are given and as far as I know it leads a rather anonymous existence in [R] with SMACKS and large tournaments being the focus of much of the attention. Another plus is the fact that the Championship doesn't rely on a specific team or race and as such would fit perfectly with the randomness of [B].

Thoughts?

Today Is A Good Day For Someone Else To Die!
-- (Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay)
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
pythrr wrote:
we shall have our own tourneys

And cake. Don't forget the cake. That'll be even more enviable.

But what about cheese? Ranked has all the cheese Wink
Alf115

Post   Posted: Nov 14, 2008 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe some cheesecake then ?
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Bad idea. Ranked gets to pick the whole way through.
 Jump to: