14 coaches online • Server time: 06:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
maznaz

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

For starters, I'd like to say that for the purposes of this discussion, I don't want to consider the assumption that BR affects the scheduler. I've made my feelings known on that in another thread and I don't want it to derail this one.

That said, onto the suggestion. I propose that rather than relying on a single ranking score in [B], that instead we implement a ranking system with each coach having a position for every race that they play. In other words, every race has an individual ranking, which every coach that plays games with that race has a value for.

An example of this would be:

Ogre ranking: Coach A 1.88 (won lots of games with Ogres) Coach B 1.35 (lost lots of games with ogres) Coach C 0 (played no games with ogres).

The competitive aspect could be encouraged with published leaderboards (say top 20 coaches for each race on the first page for each) and maybe monthly awards for the leaders of each ladder. The awards if any would obviously be introduced after an initial period of testing.

One obvious advantage of this system would be to encourage players to play the less popular races, as they would find progress through the rankings of these races easier. I believe that one single ranking for the division would encourage players to pick the easiest teams to win with, to maximise their score. This will become more apparent as and when the rankings are made public.

Let me know your thoughts, and please bear in mind the opening paragraph when replying.

addendum: apologies if this has been mentioned before. I have mentioned it in chat a couple of times without being directed to an existing suggestion, and had a quick scan through the existing threads and didn't find it.

Last edited by maznaz on %b %16, %2008 - %19:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 19:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it
Mezir

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Can we just have the individual team ranking back instead? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Good idea, but wouldn't it be a pain to keep track of all those stats?

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 19:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I would like the rankings to be done on a team by team basis. That way the first 4 games for each team could count for the BR without too much risk of abuse. A speshul1 abuse would just result in alot of above averagely ranked teams because they wouldnt play enough games to get any kind of proper rating.

I'd also like to be able to see BR, however it is implemented, especially since it seems to be a factor in the matchmaking system.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

maznaz wrote:
For starters, I'd like to say that for the purposes of this discussion, I don't want to consider the assumption that BR affects the scheduler. I've made my feelings known on that in another thread and I don't want it to derail this one.

SillySod wrote:
Personally I would like the rankings to be done on a team by team basis. That way the first 4 games for each team could count for the BR without too much risk of abuse. A speshul1 abuse would just result in alot of above averagely ranked teams because they wouldnt play enough games to get any kind of proper rating.

I'd also like to be able to see BR, however it is implemented, especially since it seems to be a factor in the matchmaking system.

Silly, try this thread

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2008 - 22:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Question I dont care whether or not it is part of the formula....

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
 Jump to: