44 coaches online • Server time: 15:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 10:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I just thought about something.. could the following be added to the distance formula: +(#of handicaps)/50

While 5TS feels 'about right' most of the times, often this initial roll can hand a significant advantage to one of the teams. Reducing the score by 20 per handicap would give genuine matches precedence over handicap-balanced.
Shivkala

Post   Posted: Nov 24, 2008 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I fully support the idea of adding handicaps to the distance formula.

I hate playing games with -10-15TS but +2 handicaps (or vice versa) as it seems to happen often in the scheduler (especially against teams that typically have a large TR/TS difference like Ogre).
The variety in usefulness of the handicaps is just too big to put a 5TS tag next to it to make it fair.
Pro511

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 02:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Is the scheduling formula public knowledge?

I'm not suggesting that it should be if it's not. Just curious as to whether or not I missed it.

Thanks.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 02:22 Reply with quote Back to top

some are more useful than 5, the majority are less, imho.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2436049

Just throwing this out there. In the IRC I agree that every team needs to play their kryptonite. My argument was that 9 tackles nulify dodge, therefore making the calculation of Amazon blodge too high since they get calculated with a 1.5 X multiplier. Like I said no need for an argument, just throwing it out there if it helps Christer any.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

die zons die. games vs dorfs makes up for all the games zons play vs non tackle teams at low TS that they win easily due to their starting blodgers.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 05:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro511 wrote:
Is the scheduling formula public knowledge?

I'm not suggesting that it should be if it's not. Just curious as to whether or not I missed it.

Thanks.

Yes. Christer explains it in this thread.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2008 - 07:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Another tweaking suggestion:
Make the cutoff for weighted TS. At the moment zons can play against dwarves 15TS up while dwarves can play vs zons with a 15TS advantage tops, too. Using the TS difference weighted by the racial table as a cutoff, zons for example could play against dwarves with a maximum TS disadvantage of 5TS, while dwarves could give up up to 25TS to zons in order to have the same disadvantage.
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 02:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Where do you come up with the racial table making it a 5ts and 25ts difference?

CircularLogic wrote:
Another tweaking suggestion:
Make the cutoff for weighted TS. At the moment zons can play against dwarves 15TS up while dwarves can play vs zons with a 15TS advantage tops, too. Using the TS difference weighted by the racial table as a cutoff, zons for example could play against dwarves with a maximum TS disadvantage of 5TS, while dwarves could give up up to 25TS to zons in order to have the same disadvantage.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2008 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Those values were just to illustrate what I meant. The actual values differ not only from racial matchup to racial matchup, but also from TS bracket to TS bracket.
 Jump to: