32 coaches online • Server time: 09:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bobafettsmum

Post 14 Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The new Isle of Wight League has been formed and we are taking applications from coaches. Currently one team per race til we get over 16 teams. See our group page for full rules.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=6202

bobafettsmum

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach Emrys came up with some fluff and rules which I have pasted below:

The little Isle of Wight is an island to the south of the 'White Isle'. Jealous of the success of their larger neighbour, the settlements of the Wight Isle resolved to have their own league and the Wight Isle Blood Bowl League (or WIBBL) was formed.

This is an English-speaking, UK time zone league, so coaches wanting to join should be:

a) British Isles residents,
b) English speaking within two time zones of UK time, or
c) Be able to play between the hours of 20:00-23:00 GMT (21:00-00:00 BBT)

New Teams
Teams applying for membership of the league must be based on one of the island's towns (see below for a list) and must be a rookie [L]eague team with a fan factor of at least 7. To ensure variety, the intention is not to duplicate rosters in the league until there are at least sixteen teams in the league. A list of rosters still available can be found below.

Restrictions
No wizards are allowed in league play (the islanders are simple folk and won't have anything to do with men in dresses) but Star Players and Freebooters may be hired if they can be persuaded to head offshore.

League play
Games are to be played according to the schedule. 1 game/10 days - though a rolling schedule is in place, if you are able to play ahead then you may do so.

Scoring
Win: 3 points
Draw: 1 point
Loss: 0 points
Forfeit: -3 points

Available rosters
Chaos, Elf, Goblin, Halfling, High Elf, Human, Norse, Ogre, Skaven, Undead, Vampires

Rosters already taken: Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Khemri, Lizardman, Necromantic, Nurgle, Orc, Wood Elf (so don't apply with one of these!)

Towns (for team naming purposes)
The following settlements are interested in becoming franchiseholders for WIBBL (those in bold have a team already but there's no reason why there can't be local rivals): Alverstone, Apse Heath, Arreton, Bembridge, Binstead, Bonchurch, Brading, Branstone, Brighstone, Brook, Calbourne, Carisbrooke, Chale, Chale Green, Chillerton, Cowes, Cranmore, East Cowes, Freshwater, Gatcombe, Godshill, Gurnard, Hamstead, Havenstreet, Haylands, Merstone, Nettlestone, Newbridge, Newchurch, Newport, Newtown, Ningwood, Niton, Northwood, Norton, Norton Green, Parkhurst, Porchfield, Rookley, Ryde, Sandford, Sandown, Seaview, Shalcombe, Shalfleet, Shanklin, Shorwell, St Helens, Staplers, Totland Bay, Ventnor, Wellow, Whippingham, Whiteley Bank, Whitwell, Wootton Bridge, Wroxall, Yarmouth and Yaverland.

Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Team page finished, what ya all think?

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=513500

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice, that bio layout looks kinda familiar tho, have i seen it somewhere else perhaps? Smile

couple of things.....
firstly, you got the name of the league wrong on the logo at the top, or maybe not.

From the goup page "wight Isle Blood Bowl League"
From the forum "The W.I.B.B.L - Wight Island Blood Bowl League"

either way the image is good, are you donating it to the bobafetsmum to put on the group page?

second point ( you've heard this before) ew ew ew ewwwww (not Russo, not Ewe Ewe Ewe, calm down) what's that nasty whiteness all around your lovely team logo?
it's here if you want it without, Image i couldn;t match the font for the text but if you want it changing just tell me what font you used and i'll sort it.

Shades_SteelFist

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

would love to use that image without the white border but unfortunatly the file size is to big, could you get it down a bit and id be more than happy to use it.

And for the link in pic i have already noticed and fixed this link so that it now goes to the right place

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

G_Force wrote:
logo at the top, or maybe not.
From the group page "Wight Isle Blood Bowl League"
From the forum "The W.I.B.B.L - Wight Island Blood Bowl League"

Hmmm. Well spotted. Bobafettsmum may have changed the name to reduce the chance of being confused with a certain other league. At least we can still keep WIBBL acronym.

I'll do another version of the WIBBL logo if the full name is changing.

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Shades_SteelFist wrote:
would love to use that image without the white border but unfortunatly the file size is to big, could you get it down a bit and id be more than happy to use it.

And for the link in pic i have already noticed and fixed this link so that it now goes to the right place

lol, i hadn;t even spotted a link or lack of one Smile i was as Emrys picked up on remarking on the leagues Name inconsistancy. I did actually have a remark about the closeness to WIL but removed it prior to posting.

I'm not just spamming your leagues forum by the way, I do intend to make a team and join up (if i'm accepted) but i can't do that so easily from work as forum posting.

Russo

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like the Chaos, Goblin and Undead slots have gone too now!!

This leaves:

Elf
High Elf
Halfling
Ogre
Human
Norse
Skaven
Vampires

[21:35] <@Purp|away> why is it whenever I come to check the PC, Russo is lowering the tone?! Razz
================================
[22:59] <princevaliant> NBL has gotten to be such a dirty channel
[22:59] <princevaliant> ty Russo Very Happy

BiggieB is my idol
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

G_Force wrote:
Nice, that bio layout looks kinda familiar tho, have i seen it somewhere else perhaps? Smile

Imitation is the best form of flattery, and all that. Very Happy

Best of luck, WIBBL.
G_Force

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Shades_SteelFist wrote:

it's now below the 10K limit.

Emrys

Post   Posted: Nov 28, 2008 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Skaven's been taken, leaving Elf, High Elf, Halfling, Ogre, Human, Norse and Vampires.

After a brief chat with bobafettsmum I understand things will kick off once we get to 20 teams (and once there are 16 teams we'll start accepting second teams for those already in the league). There's already a dwarf team on the waiting list, though, so don't create another horde of dorfies.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The WIBBL is starting Monday so if you would still like to join get in there now and submit your team.

James_Probert

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't obay point c reliably, particularly during the week, can I still join?

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

You are a british resident and providing you make sure you can play 1 game evry 10 days you are fine to join. Just make sure if u cant regularly play at those sort of times you make sure you agree a time with the other coach. Submit a team.

James_Probert

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2008 - 11:22 Reply with quote Back to top

yay
The havenstreet homeboys (high elves) will soon be up and running.
EDIT:Team created

Any help with html for the bio would be great
 Jump to: