41 coaches online • Server time: 13:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Trog

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2003 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I was kicking and had a player with kick on the pitch not in the widezone and not on the LOS. The bad kick result came up and the ball moved a total of 10 squares resulting in a touchback.

Didn't know if this was a bug that had been reported or not.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2003 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds like it :/

I have another request, can ski put in an option to use kick skill as sometimes you may get a better kick with out it, ie you dont have to use it blah blah.......Opinions?

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2003 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

well, the Bad Kick KickOff result says that the ball scatters the roll of two dice instead of one dice. Nothing said about the kick skill... so it might be worth a discussion whether the kick skill is to be used or not.

I´d say no cause a bad kick is a bad kick whether it´s your rookie or your kicking veteran. So it should stay two dice Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2003 - 01:41 Reply with quote Back to top

As long as you keep your kicker out of the wide zones and off the LOS, the LRB states that the player "is" allowed to take the kick-off.

Quote "Because his kick is so accurate, the number of squares that the ball scatters on a kick-off is halved, rounding any fractions down (ie. 1=0, 2-3=1, 4-5=2, 6=3).

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2003 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

A quote from the LRB Kick Skill page 35:

"Because his kick is so accurate, the number of squares that
the ball scatters on kick-off is halved, rounding any fractions down"

As the LRB says if a kick is bad it is still halved.

Wade Cool
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2003 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Trog: if you have the results .zip file for the game please email it to me. You can find a link to my email on any of the download websites. Was this in 4.8b? I just changed the KICK skill code in 4.8b. The old KICK skill was only halfing the first dice, then adding the bad kick dice. But with that you should only be able to get a 9.
(6 / 3 = 3 + 6 = 9). 4.8b is supposed to half both dice by maybe I messed something up?

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
 Jump to: