66 coaches online • Server time: 21:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SonofSharkboy

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Tarzom wrote in another thread:

Quote:
More about team development than on pitch tactics:

High AV (+regenerating) teams dont need 16 players.
If your players dont leave the pitch often (or keep coming back) then you dont really need 16 players.
While its nice to have reserves, having lots of players increases you TR/STR so when playing a smaller team with similar TR/STR you will find yourself pitted against players with many more skills (and/or RRs), so they are likely to outclass you.

It also means that mvp awards will be spread around more, so the players will develope slower.

I'd keep it to around 13 and invest in RRs first, when you've got plenty of those you'll probably be getting to a tr of over 200 and will need those extra players.

Maybe we could get a few of the better players in here to comment on team development strategies to go hand in hand with the already great thread on in-game tactics. I feel there'd be two aspects that would have to be distinguished between, namely long term team development and tournament situations. Examples of things that would want to be covered could be (but definately not limited to) roster size, when to freeboot, how quick you want to get an apothecary, when to get a lineman vs saving for a position player, and the list could go on and on. Some questions like these I've always thought were no brainers, but nothing should ever be taken for granted. This forum has always had great help for the less than experienced players.
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I like 16 players.
Reason is simple...more players to foul with Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

One thing is for certain, several teams have already been outplayed by my welf team though it for a quite some time consisted of only 9 players, with really good skills. Nine block dodge welfs tend to win over 13 block welfs.

Keeping your roster free of injuries is a good strategy for long term developement in ranked i would say. Only keeping nigglers and the like when they have great skills and stats... Like a AG5 ST4 strip ball sidestep tackle wardancer Smile
Lamoron

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Keeping your roster free of injuries is a good strategy for long term developement in ranked i would say. Only keeping nigglers and the like when they have great skills and stats... Like a AG5 ST4 strip ball sidestep tackle wardancer

Or a ST4, AG4, Blodging Orc Blitzer who gets old... shame on ye orcs, somethings basicly wrong with an Orc who ages... die fighting ya coward!
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

did you check the user guide already? there are some usefull tips in it

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

With a lot of teams (if not all of em) I've found that at high tr you're really screwed if you bought positionals early on 'cause they will tend to steal all spp leaving your lino's skill- and clueless. That's why with most teams I'll start with only the lino's and as many rerolls as possible. Take a look at a few of my rosters (especially my current woodies are doing their best altho they've been stacking up on injuries) to see what I mean.

And another thing on keeping/sacking injuries: it's total bullcrap that you have to sack each injury (tho I do agree on only keeping nigglers if they have something to make up for it). For example: I have a blodge/guard lino who so far has lost 1 move and 1 AG. Do I care? No, because the ag3 dodge still allows him to make most necesary dodges, the move 6 isn't good but ain't bad either AND most important, thanks to the 2 injuries, he nolonger contributes that much to my team strength and my tr making him even more usefull then before. This is just one example of how a team can benefit from injuries. The only real probs are with -1 str (making the player useless to block with), nigglers (making him a liability tho 1 game in 6 ain't so bad yet) or anything that decreases stats under the average 6 3 3 6 and even then you need to decide based on skillshe already has. an ag2 lino would be useless as he would be way to easy to trap but if he has a stand firm for example he can still be a valuabe member of the team. anyway, just my 2 cents

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2004 - 17:14 Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmm i like to have 16 players makes me feel secure when i get dice raped by a orc team full of mb i need to use all my reserves even if it highers my tr now im getting close to the 50game mark most of my team are getting skill the odd personwithout any ssp now im rebuilding, witch is great fun lol