64 coaches online • Server time: 22:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2009 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

In the past, my main reason for starting a team with a high fanfactor was that it allowed me to find a game more easily.

In the blackbox, would it be worthwhile to drop as low as FF 5 to start with better players?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2009 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends. If you dont need the cash to survive then you can afford to go as low as 1FF.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Cyco

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2009 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Not if you intend to keep the team.

Black Box if harder then Ranked, and you cant choose your opponents. Therefore you need high FF to gain more cash.

But if you only intend to play a few games and retire them as soon as you get to few players, then you have keep the FF low.

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2009 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Depends on how you look at it.

Financially higher ff is worth it when you play more than 6 games with your team.
When looking to get a high TS for your TR, ff is not worth it as it is only 0.5 TS for 1 TR.

In blackbox games are arranged by TS so having lower ff means having higher TS (players are worth more than ff) means getting tougher opponents means needing more cash to replace players, which is a problem with low ff. So I think in blackbox it is better to have high ff.

In ranked on the other hand low ff is good as the tourneys there are based on TR and ff are not a good way to invest your TR to get TS.
 Jump to: