73 coaches online • Server time: 22:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
treborius

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

westerner wrote:
treborius wrote:
...i.e. i'd expect BBR to account for the relative bashiness of a coache's playing-
style regardless of the race - meaning you could easily get a BBR playing only
Pro-Elfs which would match a BBR of someone playing Khemri if you only played equally
"bashy" as compared to the average bashiness of those races.

does anyone know any details whether this is a
correct assumption or not?

Circ understands this better than I do, but I believe BBR (being purely per coach) does not correct for race or team. Team based BBR has been requested numerous times previously.

whether it's team-based (1 BBR/team) or coach-based (1 BBR/coach) is a different question, though...

...you could still have a BBR per coach, but adjust it according to racial-averages
each time (much like BR or CR is per coach and resembles coaching-ability
regardless of the teams / races a coach plays and taking into account racial-win-rates
each time it's adjusted).
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jan 15, 2009 - 23:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I have no clue how BBR is calculated. To my knowledge, this information was never put public.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 16, 2009 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
Just want to point out a simple fact (dunno if it has relevance with Shadow's numbers, but I'll point it out anyway:

My hellfishes (a team that I am proud to consider non-picky) have played 122 of their 700 games vs orcs. This makes 1 game against orcs every 5,73 games.

This is simply because Orcs are the most popular race around, and you find plenty of orc opponents in R too. So, asking for an "even spread" of race choices in DivB is somewhat futile... even R, where you can "pick" opponents, has more Orc coaches than (say) Norse ones.

My 700 games sample in R, while obviously biased (due to the fact that, to an extent, I pick my opponents and opponents pick me), is meaningful (if nothing else, because 700 is a big enough sample) and clearly shows that it's "ordinary" to have a orc opponent every (say) six games on Fumbbl. The DivB makes it 1 Orc every 4 games... that's not so distant from the "ordinary" average of the site.

Of course, Dorfs and Khemri benefit from DivB more than Orcs because Dorfs and Khemri are dodged more than orcs in regular divisions... but that's a problem of regular divisions more than it's a Blackbox problem, imho.

And yes, I still think that 100% Orcs and 100% dofs DivB coaches have no balls... but that's entirely my point of view Very Happy

yes but you also played many games against non bashers with the helfishes, like 70 DE, 46 WE, 55 skas, 27 HE....

orks are the most popular because they are the strongest team of the game (IMO) but the thing is, there's too much of this around.