49 coaches online • Server time: 19:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2009 - 22:54 Reply with quote Back to top

i just went back to gamefinder for some minutes...

pleaaaaase bring majors to the box, since i cant stand gamefinder

i can understand wood elves not being keen on playing my rats with a claw/rsc rat, but consider this

[22:45] <Reisender> hi, your khemri vs my rats?
[22:46] <> no thx
[22:46] <Reisender> ok

[22:46] <Reisender> hey, your chaos vs my rats?
[22:49] <> no thx

these were killer teams themselves

(and yes i know 2 replies are not a reliable sample at all, but wth... you know how it would continue)

why should majors be reserved for the cherrypicking of ranked?

i ll happily get my box elves and rats ripped apart but i would love to have majors in the box

PS: two the coaches i did not name - i know sometimes there are other reasons top decline a game than the cl/rsc - if there were, please do not feel subject to my whining....
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2009 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Reisender wrote:

why should majors be reserved for the cherrypicking of ranked?

Not everyone in ranked is a cherrypicker nor are the majors dominated by the teams that do cherrypick to get there.
Usualy the cherrypicking teams tend to get knocked out for the simple reason that coaches who cherrypick regularly tend to suck when they have to face good coaches with decent teams.

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2009 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

How could majors be part of a boxing system? what would be different to usual scheduled games in the box? How fair can a schedule be in the semis when 4 teams are left and maybe one is damaged? Ok it would not be fair but its a major in the edn right? what would be different to ranked then? Ok you cant cherrypick your team to the max ok...Thats why everyone plays Orks. A Box major would look like last 32 are Dwarfs Chaos and Orks. And in the semis you have games with a very low Boxfactor. To me this is no good idea. Though I sure see the problem of the ranked picking Teams. But all I ca say is: It works after all and we have at least some variety of races in it and it is very popular to specc. I doubt Box Majors would too.
WardenUSA

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2009 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Would love to have Box Majors!!
ultwe

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2009 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

How about 1 of the major being reserved for teams who have been "prep'd" in the Box.

At the end of the day, a major is a major. you have a pre-anounced date at which coaches can apply. you then have a round of qualifiers. then you have the final rounds.

The original games pairing are random, just like they are now.

The only thing that changes is how the teams are managed, as you cannot "cherypick 1 or 2 last games, "for treasury purpose"

would that be acceptable?

π is aproximately 3.142 times better than any other food
Jaim

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2009 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I would love for the Championship to count B games only.
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2009 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Jaim wrote:
I would love for the Championship to count B games only.

This is a good idea. At the moment its something that no one particularly cares about.... put it in [B] and make it matter. Maybe even a +FF for the team that wins it each month?

Post   Posted: Jan 20, 2009 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Giving the Championship to B would give the coaches who are into it something to fight for (I hear some left B because there were no goals), and it is true that the R coaches will hardly miss it because in R the spotlight is on the the majors and minors.

It would not have to be a tangible prize imo, just having the title Blackbox Champion of January (for example) in the profile would make for huge bragging rights, maybe with a gold/silver/bronze medal award to go with it.

Downside is, to bring competition to B might spell the end of many wacky and fun teams as the atmosphere become more win-oriented, which i'd regret because much of what i love about B is my focus on the game at hand and having a fun match without an eye on my own coach rating or team building/powergaming (which are not bad things, but after i played some time in B i found out that they had taken a lot of my attenton in R and i'm better off without them ).

[edited 227 times for spelling and things i forgot to say]

Last edited by Jaim on Jan 21, 2009 - 00:08; edited 3 times in total
Pirog

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2009 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Ranked really has become disgustingly picky.
Snappy_Dresser

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2009 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see this come up again.

Annoying to see people don't check week old threads.

This has been discussed, nothing is happening soon (let's sort out the basics of [B] first, mmkay)

And while ranked has many problems, and has many cherrypickers, it's not fair to say everyone is.

Just like it's not fair to say that the majors are won by teams that are saved and coddled between majors, because I'm sure the occasional one isn't.

I too would love to see a tournament system for [B], but we can do a damn sight better than the system of majors that ranked has.

I detailed my thoughts in the last B major thread, look it up.

"I hear that shadow is a douchebag"
-Mr Foulscumm
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Jan 21, 2009 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Giving the championsship to B is a good Idea. Also give some emdals each month or +1 FF. All great and matches well with the box and how its meant.
 Jump to: