45 coaches online • Server time: 00:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coach
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
FeelingMN

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2009 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I get the impression that a lot of people dislike those that min their ts. Understatement of the year. I personally don't have an issue with this. If teams are min/maxing their team, they usually won't have more than 11 players, and they will almost certainly give up a handicap unless you are short a guy for that match. For me personally, these two things make me not as scared, especially seing that forcing a lot of rolls can sink a 0 rr team with the law of averages.

For those that have problems with it though, there is an easy way to tactically beat the min/maxer. A DP and a few extra guys on the bench. Wow, thats super tricky, isn't it? If a min/maxer presents with 11 players, causing even one injury in the first half completely swings the advantage over for the rest of the game. With a one or two man advantage in the second, especially if you have taken out their leader, I really can't imagine how tough it could be. This is kind of funy though, using the most maligned and "broken" feature of the game to counter the most maligned and "broken" feature of the box. Seriously though, any [B]ox team without a dp as their first lino skill is asking to be taken to task.

As a little incentive to kick the crap out of these min/maxers, we should set up a group rewarding injuries to teams with 0 rr. While I have no problem with their strategy, I also think they deserve the boot. We could give extra points for injuring their leader. This emphasis on destroying the team destroyers would certainly cause a few of those min/maxers to hang it up and start playing normal team builds. This would also give some incentive to those less than motivated coaches whining about no tourneys and no ratings and too many min/maxers. What do you guys say?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2009 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I join this group with my min/maxed teams? Smile

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
FeelingMN

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2009 - 21:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see why not, a destroyed min/max team is still destroyed no matter who does the destroying, right? And maybe fellow min/maxers would be the best suited for the job! Of course, then there would be people bitching about how min/maxers have an unfair advantage in the group, which would be just plain annoying...
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2009 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

FeelingMN wrote:
I don't see why not, a destroyed min/max team is still destroyed no matter who does the destroying, right? And maybe fellow min/maxers would be the best suited for the job! Of course, then there would be people bitching about how min/maxers have an unfair advantage in the group, which would be just plain annoying...

LOL you are probally right...And then the debate on the proper build will take place and Oh my that would be some fun.
FeelingMN

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2009 - 21:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Thinking more about it, if two min/max chaos teams battled while in the group, think of the bloodbath that would occur! That would be worth a spec
PainState

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2009 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree 100% with FeelingMN that the best tactic to counter the min/maxer is to go at him with the supposed and maligned winning strategy that the Ranked guys use. Have some DP's/ atleast 1 and never ever go in a game with 11 players, does not mean a full roster but never 11.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2009 - 21:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ha! No sooner do I suggest this and there is a group formed for 0rr teams. Ok, I have no experience making groups, but someone has to make one for us regular builds now!
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2009 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah no regular build group! Most are anyhow. I really created just to see what the records are like. I haven't seen to many outstanding 0 reroll teams compared to a coaches other blackbox teams.
westerner

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2009 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Yaaarr!! A chance to beat up Sillysod's flings? How do I sign up?

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2009 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

funnyfingers wrote:
I haven't seen to many outstanding 0 reroll teams compared to a coaches other blackbox teams.

Very true, and I am interested to see them all come out of the woodwork and join your group. Good coaches with 0 rr teams seem to do well while bad coaches do predictably poorly.
 Jump to: