16 coaches online • Server time: 06:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Merciless_Marius

Post 14 Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hy there,
while doing some research on that new Blood Bowl game I stumbled upon this site and was struck by instant awesomeness !!!
I had played BB in the mid 90´s and had a blast at this time. I just want to say thanks to you folks for giving me a opportunity to play that favorite game of my childhood once again.
I recently played my first games on fumbbl and it was a very pleasant surprise. The community, as far as I know it, is very friendly to a newb like me and gives constructive criticism. Thanks for that.
Besides, I learned that there is a lot of strategy behind a simple blood bowl game. When I was young, my friends and I where sometimes too busy slapping the hell out of each others players that we totally forgot about the ball in play....ahhh sweet memories Smile

Now I´ve learnt about caging and blodging and stuff like that and I´m looking forward to play against you folks and learn a lot more.

Regards and hope to play against you soon,

Marius the Orc and Skaven Drill Sergeant

P.S.: Sorry for the possible misspelling. English is my second language
Brother-Fu

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome! Have fun and good luck!

Brother-Fu
Gritter

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome and have fun!

By the way your english is better than many english people i know and work with.....
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome.
Wave your life goodbye. This site is addictive as hell.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Merciless_Marius wrote:
When I was young, my friends and I where sometimes too busy slapping the hell out of each others players that we totally forgot about the ball in play

Strangely enough, there are still plenty of coaches that play exactly like that.

Have fun and enjoy your games
koadah

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome!

Come and see us at the 145 Club.

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome! "may nuffle B wit u"

Post   Posted: Feb 11, 2009 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

hello, I to have just signed up to UMBBl. I have not even sorted a team yet but i though i would just hello! i used to play all the time in the early 90's and just recently i have dug out me 2nd edition box set from my dads loft and had a quick game with mate. Today i found this site and signed straight up! So i better go and sort me team and start playing.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2009 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Yup I echo Koadah, have fun and have a look at the 145 club, thats the next step for you!
EdBasha

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2009 - 03:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Add another returning player. I used to play tabletop and run a league. I may even have met some of you at Montreal's death bowl, or Toronto's games day. Lizzie team is raring to stomp ya.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2009 - 03:10
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Good luck, come find us in #fumbblacademy in chat.
 Jump to: