60 coaches online • Server time: 19:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Serious

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to know if many coaches, do disconnect from the game in a unfortunate situation?

Ive not played many games, i guess 4-5 some like that but it happend 2 times that the oponent dissapeared after my first td, as a new player Im looking forward to learn and that includes loosing as well and if a player gets hurt, ive to deal with it, but it seemes that there are some guyes out there that have a different opinion.

The only option is to forget about it or try to rearange a rematch am i right? So even if it was the almost the end of the first half its very unlikely to get any exp for my players?

Im a bit disapointed about such behavior, so excuse my stile of writing and spelling mistakes
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/help:DisconnectionProblems
pythrr

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

spelling is gud

seriously though, DC's do happen from time to time, and are mostly due to crappy internet connections.

Read the rules on disconnections - in fact, you've already read them if you signed up for the site - so follow them to the letter.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Players leaving when things turn ugly is rare, against me maybe once in fifty games.

edit:
That's [R] though.
Serious

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

maybe you are right and he had a connection problem but the game situation did not look quite good for him and that happend to me for the second time and after a couple of unsucsessfull games it seemed to me as i could win a game Smile, so i was rather disapointed, because i caused some cas as well.
duttydave

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

If you search the forum there are several threads about this sort of thing.

In my own experience I've only had one or two suspicious drop-outs. Unfortunately, on Fumbbl as in general life you'll always meet an occasional idiot.

However, the vast majority of coaches that I've played have been helpful and co-operative in the event of a disconnection.
MrSerch

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had some of those strange disconnections, and I find them extremely dissapointing, that really pisses me off, I tend to think it's my opponent's idiotness, but it's not always like that. For example, I had a disconnection myself on my last match, precisely in a very very suspicious moment. (I had nothing to win already, though), but it was a real disconnection, not an intended drop.

What I mean is, things are not always what they seem.

(of course there are some coaches whom I couldn't arrange to finish the match!)
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played over 200 games since 2003 (so I have been around for a while, but I'm not the most fanatical coach) and I have never had an opponent not finish a game with me for anything other than a technical reason. I understand the disappointment, but don't let it put you off. I am guessing that you are more likely to run up against this behavior with new members to FUMBBL, but even then I would have thought it is quite rare.

Also, disconnection problems for technical reasons is quite common. You can always reload from a saved game. Check the site help for more details.

Good luck in the future!

Oscar Wilde
Kryten

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 14:29
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I can add 700+ games to Grod's tally, it has never happened to me that an opponent refuses to continue a match. I have had disconnections many times, and a few times have had to reschedule the rest of the match for a later time due to technical problems on his or my side. It's usually the newer coaches that try to cut and run. Once you've been around a while, you just get on with it. If you want more assurance that the game will be completed without this kind of nonsense, then play against veterans.
spelledaren

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 14:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Played about 1500 games. I've had perhaps 1 or 2 persons drop on me. It really doesn't happen a lot.

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

spelledaren wrote:
Played about 1500 games. I've had perhaps 1 or 2 persons drop on me. It really doesn't happen a lot.

wanted to write almost exactly the same
Kaiowas

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 14:59 Reply with quote Back to top

some crap connections cut after tds in JavaBB, happened to me when I was playing on a weak wireless signal with a crappy wireless card
ultrabad

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 15:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I tryed a disconnection and we did not sync after we reloaded the match. Evrything looked good and other coach started to play. After his turn was over i started to play and the other coach shouted out that I was cheating and I was out of sync and my players was not standing the right spots. After we talked about recreating or contacting the admins, but the other coach told me to play on. As the match continued the other coach was getting more and more mad because I made some cas and I was winning the match and in the end the other coach called me a cheater and blacklisted me. So remember when you disconnect to sync and agree with the other coach that evrything is ok befor you start to play after you reload a match.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Serious wrote:

The only option is to forget about it or try to rearange a rematch am i right? So even if it was the almost the end of the first half its very unlikely to get any exp for my players?

you can easily reload the game....

..however...

since you are playing in academy yet... you are in an enviroment where rule violations happen much more often....

people there either don't know the rules or don't care about them as much as fellow members...

however... all game data is statistically caputred and gives a pretty good impression if somebody tried to cheat on the long run....
 Jump to: