57 coaches online • Server time: 22:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should there be a concession rule?
Yes
56%
 56%  [ 74 ]
No
16%
 16%  [ 22 ]
Pie
26%
 26%  [ 34 ]
Total Votes : 130

Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

As someone who does disconnects quite a lot (WLan-Main station is a fair bit away in another Flat, significant amount of interence), something like a 6 hours rule would propably screw me quite a bit. I have the choice between playing very late (less disconnects due to less interference), but cant easily repair since I have no access to the Wlan Main station when its late or playing at "normal times" (higher propability of a disc, can fix connection in 5 minutes though).

I think for B, a system to simply "freeze" or sleep the team in question would be enough.
Deatheart

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

My take on blackbox is a place to go to get a game, instead of chasing coaches around for [R] game. I have had only a few opponents concede on me and almost all for no reason other then i was dismanteling thier team and would start racking up some spp on easy td since the board was wiped of his players. And I felt cheated, i had gotten the blocks to work the crowd pushes and now when i get the reward for all that he quits. I actuall had to concede my first match ever last night due to wife issues. And i realized there should be a simple solution...... if you concede a match no Black Box games for that coach for 24 hours. Yeah a little harse if i just have to go and take care of something, simple scripting, flag the coach as conceding, any game, if they concede a Ranked game they should not be allowed to play Black box. the flag does not allow the coach to activate box team, then just clear flaggs every 24 or on a timer, just a reset at 00:00:01
odi

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I've had people conceed after my AV7 teams have beaten their teams to a pulp. I can understand if they do. The game is effectively over at that point (if the other team is wiped off the pitch), there is no need to finnish the game. Besides my AV7 teams are always in need of that extra cash Very Happy

Though, I cant remember when was the last time I've personally conceeded, I just hate giving the oppo that extra cash and MVP.
hermano_p

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

In my last game my opponent disconnect in turn 8 of the second half,telling me if i was waiting that,then discconect and quit Mirc.

Still waiting him.
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Deatheart wrote:
I have had only a few opponents concede on me and almost all for no reason other then i was dismanteling thier team

Actually, this is THE LEGAL reason for conceding. It is part of the game rules. Read em. It is the concessions due to "other" factors that are contra the game (and site) rules.
Mightypeon

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2009 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont get some people.
I think I conceded twice or so,
one was against MyM-laban, who RIPed 2 Saurus on the first turn and had the Ref (I could opt for having a team after the game or for not having one) the second time was something equally nasty, 2 RIP and some SI on turn 3 with GTR against me.
It is within the rules and sensible to conceed under such circumstances.
Jon_Guitard

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2009 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

You are quite correct, although I would likely have played out the game and just retired the team. Then blogged the tale of the doomed fate of the blah blah blahs.
 Jump to: