28 coaches online • Server time: 00:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
smiler6310

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

This is my first post, my team of vampires is doing really well (surprisingly!)and I'd like to hire a vampire Lord, but my question is this.

'What is a freebooter?'

Is it a one match wonder who is out of your line up after he has played? I've looked around but cannot find an answer, can someone plse explain the term for me.

Thankyou
Smiler
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes

Oscar Wilde
krytie

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

yep. FB's cost half the value of a regular player, occupy one slot in your teamsheet, and retire after their first match. This is LRB4 so there's no option to hire them after the match if they performed well.

For Vampire teams, the vampire Lord freebooter effectively means Count von Drakenborg star player. It is listed as a freebooter for Vamps because they have a special rule to allow Counts even if the oppo has taken him/one.

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 16:56 Reply with quote Back to top

The Vampire Lord is Count Luthor (Star player) from the rules.

The site handles him as a freebooter because in the rules, stars normally cancel (i.e. if Humans hired, say, Zug, and Zug was also hired by the opponents, he takes the money and runs). However, for Vampires, they have this special thing where they can hire the Count if the opponents do so too, and we just say instead of the Count, you have a different Vampire Lord.

The site / client deals with this by making Vampires hire a Vampire Lord <i>every</i> time, so the client doesn't fall over and get it wrong when it sees two Count Luthors. So for 90% of your applications, you're hiring the star Count Luthor, but as a cheeky fix, the site / client is doing it via a freebooting system instead.

Freebooters / stars last one game.

Good luck!
smiler6310

Post   Posted: Mar 20, 2009 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

ok got it thanks for the quick responses. Much appreciated.

Smiler
 Jump to: