43 coaches online • Server time: 12:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Its not necessarily a bad idea though. Building [B] teams has a different focus to both [R] and [L]...
- in [R] the most important thing is to have a goal, this might be to skill up all your chaos dwarf blockers for a TR150 tour or it might be just to get the iggest, baddest team you can. Usually your goal defines your startup, e.g. troll + 4 BOBs right from the start so you have them skilled up later on.
- in [L] you want to win as much as possible as early as possible but you also need a team which will expand fast to make sure you dont get left behind.
- in [B] you only want to win (and preferably keep winning). You dont need to expand fast or towards a particular goal, you just want a way to keep your team competitive across multiple games.

Perhaps someone experienced could go through some of the races which have the most obviously different [B] vs [R] rosters and put a note saying "recommended for [B]" in some of the user guide setups?

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Charlseton wrote:
hidden clue: if you are able to win games, start with a high FF, and watch it skyrocket, it might work well

Smile

This hidden clue is right! Your FF will skyrocket. But for what use?

1-Weaker starting line up= Harder to win games
2-FF counts toward TS
3-wealthy, many players, lack of skills...not good in B
4-Face great bashers at high TR/TS=>go there after some time only...

My chaos started with FF 5, currently 9, 6/3/1 so far. TR/TS around 170. A few skills on CW. That's ok.

Would I have started at FF 9, I would probably be at 11-12 now, maybe would have struggled a bit more.

I rather see this go up slowly.

I might be wrong but...

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

As in [B] just like in [R] games only count after the 4th (although here it seems that only your team has to have at least 4 games for your rating to change) you just need to consider to be in good shape after game 4.

I like the 2RR, 1 tree, 10 lino start for woodies. For HE, 1 blitzer, 10 linos 3RR FF5 or 2RR FF5 and apo seems to be nice.
Fela

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2009 - 23:42 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
As in [B] just like in [R] games only count after the 4th (although here it seems that only your team has to have at least 4 games for your rating to change) you just need to consider to be in good shape after game 4.

I like the 2RR, 1 tree, 10 lino start for woodies. For HE, 1 blitzer, 10 linos 3RR FF5 or 2RR FF5 and apo seems to be nice.

The 'counting after the 4th' rule applies to race statistics only. My [B] ratings used to change after matches that would have fallen under this rule, if it really applied, i.e. it doesn't.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2009 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

All games count for BWR [i]unless[/i] it is the first game for either team.

PS, I think that FF is generally a good thing to have in [B] because it helps keep your team healthy and thats very important to avoid getting hurt by the TS formula.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Xira_Arien

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2009 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

JARVIS PANTS BLACKBOX AMAZON SPECIAL

4 Blitzers
8 Linewomen
Apo
3 RR
7FF

AV 7 =DEATH so a apo and 12 players is a chance at staying alive. Leave the throwers and catchers as they will be dp magnets and burn rr’s. Save the rr for dodging line peeps and failed blocks and try the running game.

ehm..
the throwers and catcher have pass and catch, how do they burn reroll's?
all zons have dodge, why do u save rerolls to let them dodge?
all zon are DP magnets, leaving thrower and catcher out, will make the blitzers target, or just the one that happens to be prone. dont gain a lot.

I'd personally buy Apo AFTER game 1 for any race, and trade it for a RR at start. (chance u meet a DP already are fairly small)
Ash

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2009 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I knew it at the chaos team Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2009 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
All games count for BWR unless it is the first game for either team.

I was a bit puzzled about that. And today played a team with no games while mine had many and I confirm that:

Code:
All games count for BWR [i]unless[/i] it is the first game for [b]one of the teams[/b].