25 coaches online • Server time: 09:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is Man O' War awsome?
Yes
48%
 48%  [ 55 ]
No, its better than that
22%
 22%  [ 26 ]
Macavity says yes
28%
 28%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 114

SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 08, 2008 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
ofc vassal is crap for this...when more would be automated it would be much more playable.

I think that VASSAL can do enough to make it quite playable, however it would require much more automation than I had originally intended. The project died when FUMBBL went down and I had my exams, just have never quite found the urge to do much more than tinker with it a bit since then.

The key problem with the current client is that you spend far too much time messing around rotating pieces, rolling for weather, twisting the cannon template etc (not to mention messiong around with windows). To make it playable I'd have to work out some sort of hidden grid system where the pieces all snap to the grid and can then be controlled by keyboard commands. I'd also want to create a new image for each icon with all the fire arcs added so players could toggle between the two as well as cleaning up all the window areas and options.

One issue with creating a client for MoW is that it dosent have the same replayability as BB, while its a really great game there is a limit on how much you can play it (if only because of the need to find likeminded people and their availability). That means that its just not profitable to put any time into developing a "real" client when you could (for example) be writing a LRB5 client.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Wendol

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2009 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Is this still going. Its there any version that i can download to try it

I went backwards and found a megaupload link but it isn t working any more
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2009 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

It died, took too long to play a game and wasn't that fun on the PC.
Rebholz

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2009 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I really hope this is still happening. A fumbbl-style Man-O-War client would just about make me freak out with joy. What's the status?
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
It died, took too long to play a game and wasn't that fun on the PC.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2009 - 01:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Locked.
 Jump to: