22 coaches online • Server time: 01:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Agamon

Post   Posted: May 14, 2009 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

We've had all three teams played in out TT league. The slaan team, though rookie in a league with more experienced teams than not, kicked all kinds of butt. Scored with ease, got almost .5 interceptions per game and was good at stealing the ball. Didn't fare well against the dwarf team, though.

My Chaos Pact team...ugh. I got +AG with 3 marauders and it didn't matter. The players start behind the 8-ball with not only any good skills, but a whole lot of bad skills. Once your players have 2-3 skills, other teams players have 4-5 skills. And 2 big guys, let alone 3...I had a lot of chances to roll ones with this team, and I didn't disappoint.

The underworld team takes the worst parts of goblins and skaven and tries to make a team out of it. The guy playing them is a good player and all he has to look forward to is death and losses. The mutations only help a little, this is definitely a tier 3 team.
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 14, 2009 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Royston wrote:
SillySod wrote:
Mentioning the BB novels in any kind of background debate is a swift way to lose the debate Wink

Are said novels a good read or the big steaming pile of faeces I suspect them to be?

Put it this way... I've always been a keen reader and I had the chance to get that trilogy for free (I have northern blood) ... I was extremely eager for Thorpe to take the book. I'd love to claim that was altruism but it just wasnt.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Kraark

Post   Posted: May 14, 2009 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually like the books, mostly as just a mad mayhem kind of thing. But sure, it's definetly not the best book around but it's great if you want to feel some love towards blood bowl.

Post   Posted: May 15, 2009 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Slann are fun to play. They are an AWESOME defensive team. They are Amazon ready with loads of Tackle (though no Zon team will play against them in Ranked).

Umm.. Slann has no tackle. 4 of them has diving tackle (the blitzers).
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: May 15, 2009 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

well, i imagine zons would avoid dodging from DTers even move than from tacklers (i know which i'd prefer 3+ dodge without free RR or 5+ dodge with it... easy choice), though i admit DT doesn't help for blocks
SillySod

Post   Posted: May 15, 2009 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Khudzlin wrote:
well, i imagine zons would avoid dodging from DTers even move than from tacklers (i know which i'd prefer 3+ dodge without free RR or 5+ dodge with it... easy choice), though i admit DT doesn't help for blocks

Zons are a bashy team, not a dodgy team Smile Besides, very few Slann teams will actually be able to afford four blitzers.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Agamon

Post   Posted: May 15, 2009 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Zons are a bashy team, not a dodgy team Smile Besides, very few Slann teams will actually be able to afford four blitzers.

Hmmm, the Slaan team in our league had 4 blitzers by game 3 and went 14-3-4.

Those damn catchers make gutter runners look clumsy...
 Jump to: