44 coaches online • Server time: 00:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Panda_

Post 22 Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, let's talk about him.

He got his second double on progressions skills. He got Foul Apparence on the first one. So he is: 7 3 3 7 Foul Apparence (progression in general and physical).

And this second double, open many many opportunities to make combos.

Well i've think about the following.

Arrow Spikes, to have him for a longer period, it increase dramatically his life expentacy, but it's not real combo here.

Arrow Claw, to make him a good lineback deep in my half on defence. To be the nightware of receivers though he does have block and tackle yet. He may die even before getting block, even if this is probably the best here to evolve more quickly.

Arrow Dodge or Two heads, to help getting him here i want, it's not a real too here too.

Arrow Prehensive Tail or Tentacules. He marks an opposing receiver for the best until he is blitzed. The possible next evolution would mainly be pass block.

Arrow And there is at last Side Step To keep a -1 on other receivers. And he would help a lot to keep the side (left or right) he is well protected.

I thank about Very long leg too, but he should have pass block to complete well VLL, and VLL should not be used (putting a tackle zone is better than interceting more easily).
I thank about Guard, but guard attracts him far from receivers, and get him closer to the melee.

So if someone had an experience about such a player, i would be interrested on his thoughs. I also need other comments, maybe some builds are really worth it, some don't.

Thanks in advance.

PS: Sorry for my poor english.
Glomp

Post   Posted: Jul 17, 2004 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

well...

Considering the survival rate of linerats spikes may be a good pick av7 - av8 is a reasonably big jump in terms of the score needed to beat the armour. However spikes is really dull.

Claw might be a good idea too if a bit obvious - it gives you a bit more hitting power which skaven badly need.
However it makes him a bigger target for fouls and some dull coaches who may refuse to play you.

Dodge is a waste of a double - countered out by tackle and I dont really rate two heads
However if you wanted him to screw up passes with his fa then two heads and passblock

Prehensile tail/ tentacles are fairly pointless. ST3 will not really be enough to get consistent use from the tentacles (and who dodges away from linerats anyway?) and i think prehensile tail is a bit of a waste.

Sidestep could be good but without easy access to the blodge combo it dosent really seem worthwile.

The decisions really up to you as your playing style and visions of what you want to turn him into should dictate your decision.

Personally though i'd take claw Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2004 - 09:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go for guard....

...But that is probably cause I don't like to build players with special areas of expertice. Other than the obvious catcher for offence and so on. Just because you CAN mutate doesn't mean that it's always the best choice.

Guard is a great skill for both attackers and defenders. Sure, the skill is a waste if you want to blitz a single reciever. But the game where the human catcher is screened off by 2 killer blitzers and you must get assists, then what? Or when the chaos box appears. Guard + FA is good when handelning boxes. Guard is also a rare skaven skill cause only SV can take it...

But if you really want to have him designated for taking out elven catchers...well they must be face down in the mud so in that case i'd go for tackle or block...or perhaps shadowing? Annoying with FA+shadowing...

Well..

Your choice actually...
PellePirat

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2004 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard. FA, guard, block would make a real nice linerat.. Too bad he hasn't had the opportunity to pick up block earlier though
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2004 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge is a fair enough skill... my ag4 blodge FA linerat seems to do alright. Just don't play dwarves. Not that you should be doing so anyway. Wink

If your opponents have significant tackle, then it is either guard (works quite well, the FA will help protect him a little more than a usual av7 guarder would expect to get) or claw.
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2004 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Guard.

If not guard, Claw. But since I tend to keep a distance from the "melee" with my rats, I'd rather give Claw to the first Storm Vermin rolling a double (having block&guard on normal rolls).

IMHO a block/guard lineman (or linerat) is the best choice overall.

Post   Posted: Jul 19, 2004 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Where's the problem?

You already gave him Foul Appeareance. So make something of it. As a Lineman i'd take Guard. With the Foul Appeareance it's harder to knock him away, so he can assist his teammates. Try to find something that Foul Appeareance is not wasted. As a Blitzer (to hunt receivers) it is. It's a defensive Trait so give him a task where this defensive Trait is an advancement. If you dare try to make him a Ballhandler.

Just try to find a task where his actual Trait is helpful. It's up to you to find a task for him. Think about your playingstyle and find something that you like. Why did you gave him Foul Appeareance? Maybe that helps you to find a task for him or maybe that is the reason for your problem...
 Jump to: