45 coaches online • Server time: 20:14
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
koadah

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Fresh start. Wave good bye to the bloated teams.

Create new versions of the famous teams just put a link in the team bio to the old team.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Fresh start. Wave good bye to the bloated teams.

Create new versions of the famous teams just put a link in the team bio to the old team.

It's not the same, as you lose the records and names of the old teams. I wouldn't even mind having to start the team from scratch with 1 000 000 gold, as long as I could use the existing team and its record.
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

imagine this team having to start over... not even a fresh start

teams can be converted : the only skills removed from the game are Spikes (which can be converted to +AV) and RSC which would be truly lost; old players will eventually die or be retired and new players would follow the new rules

hardest team to convert would be nurgle's rotters (though i doubt there is a nurgle team with a history) with the complete change to their roster... on second thought, they could just continue with the beastmen and replace them with players from the new roster
Ehlers

Post   Posted: May 26, 2009 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Khudzlin wrote:
imagine this team having to start over... not even a fresh start

teams can be converted : the only skills removed from the game are Spikes (which can be converted to +AV) and RSC which would be truly lost; old players will eventually die or be retired and new players would follow the new rules

hardest team to convert would be nurgle's rotters (though i doubt there is a nurgle team with a history) with the complete change to their roster... on second thought, they could just continue with the beastmen and replace them with players from the new roster

EGH? And does that matter?
But anyway you are so wrong here! I have my Nurgle Rotter team.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&group=&race=19&order=5&nav=1
And you might want to look here. Some of the top teams are still active.

But if a transfer, then back to the 1000000gold and buy of new players etc. But keep stats.
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: May 26, 2009 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If there would be a seperate list for team names in LRB 5 you could start a new team with the same name. But old team names used before should have to be aproved, so noone could steal old team names from other coaches.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2009 - 10:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
EGH? And does that matter?
But anyway you are so wrong here! I have my Nurgle Rotter team.
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&group=&race=19&order=5&nav=1
And you might want to look here. Some of the top teams are still active.

But if a transfer, then back to the 1000000gold and buy of new players etc. But keep stats.

ok, i was wrong about nurgle teams with history

that doesn't mean teams can't be converted, realigning starting stats and skills of existing players (and their pricing), keeping existing players until death or retirement and making all purchases and skill choices according to the new rules

though the coaches should be given the choice:
1) keeping their team in the lrb4 division or transfering it to the lrb5 division (one-way, ofc)
2) if they transfer, converting the team or starting it fresh

converting obviously requires some effort to implement (but it is feasible) and eventually, the teams will be fully lrb5 (as all post-conversion purchases and skill choices will be according to lrb5)

as for your first question "does it matter?", have you taken a moment's thought about the time and effort invested in the team?
Ehlers

Post   Posted: May 26, 2009 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Khudzlin wrote:
as for your first question "does it matter?", have you taken a moment's thought about the time and effort invested in the team?

Yes I actually have.
Have you considered the time it will take to convert the teams from LRB4 to LRB5?
Have you thought about FF?
Have you thought about spiral expenses?

As I said, the only fair would be to have the records and the team name and then start from 1000000gold again as everyone else.
As players die and retire, this should not be the issue of moving from LRB4 to LRB5. It just mean buying 11new players for your team.
The team would still have the same team name, their records would still be there. The history of the team is still there.

And this method will most likely require the least effort and would also be fair since every starts from the beginning and coaches still have their beloved team name and history of his team.

But else maybe stop being a pixel hugger Smile
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: May 26, 2009 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

for the time, sure it will take some time to write a script that runs the necessary DB queries
for FF, either clip to 18 or let losses and draws do it over time (each match lost or drawn will mean a FF decrease -- 2d6 will be under their FF every time --, while a win will mean a stable FF -- 3d6 will not be over their FF until it drops to 17)
spiralling expenses would hit normally after each lrb5 match -- the coaches of affected teams would only have to face the same decision every legend owner faces in lrb4; those teams are of course, among the highest in TR and seem to be used mainly for tourneys and look cherry-prepped in between

and maybe i'm a pixel hugger (though the team i linked isn't mine, i haven't played a team to that point myself yet)... it must be because i feel deprived of real hugs

anyway, i personally wouldn't mind a fresh start for my teams (it's mostly the names i'd like to keep)
xcver

Post   Posted: May 26, 2009 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Khudzlin wrote:
for the time, sure it will take some time to write a script that runs the necessary DB queries
for FF, either clip to 18 or let losses and draws do it over time (each match lost or drawn will mean a FF decrease -- 2d6 will be under their FF every time --, while a win will mean a stable FF -- 3d6 will not be over their FF until it drops to 17)
spiralling expenses would hit normally after each lrb5 match -- the coaches of affected teams would only have to face the same decision every legend owner faces in lrb4; those teams are of course, among the highest in TR and seem to be used mainly for tourneys and look cherry-prepped in between

and maybe i'm a pixel hugger (though the team i linked isn't mine, i haven't played a team to that point myself yet)... it must be because i feel deprived of real hugs

anyway, i personally wouldn't mind a fresh start for my teams (it's mostly the names i'd like to keep)

you should cap FF beforehand in that instance. Otherwise you'll be having lots of +2 FAME which is really good. When a team has FF over 12 something like this 6 - number of last 6 games with a tie or loss + 12. Just an estimation, but good enough in my book Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2009 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

there are any oficial decision about this ?
Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2009 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

not yet no
zakatan

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2009 - 18:47 Reply with quote Back to top

i've been out for a while but i can't see any new releases and the last time i tried to play with the client didn't work. Is the project still going on silently, taking a summer break or definitely stopped?

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

It does indeed go on, and yes, there is a summer break right now. I'm enjyoing a vacation with my family at the sea. Which means I have very few time (and no proper internet access) right now. Work will continue end of august. Result uplaoding is pretty close to being finished.
Khudzlin

Post   Posted: Aug 13, 2009 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

cool

enjoy your vacation
ChaosPhoenix

Post   Posted: Aug 14, 2009 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
It does indeed go on, and yes, there is a summer break right now. I'm enjyoing a vacation with my family at the sea. Which means I have very few time (and no proper internet access) right now. Work will continue end of august. Result uplaoding is pretty close to being finished.

Did I see you online in Blood Bowl (PC Version) yesterday? Funny thing, I didn't know who you were back then ^^
 Jump to: