31 coaches online • Server time: 12:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 17:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Ladies and.... the rest of you....ok Ladies,

I will soon be launching my own league the Black Rose Tavern Franchise.

Before I do, I wish for some critical feedback and errors that I may have missed. Also I wish to guaged interest.

The benefits for my new league I see as the following:

User friendly, I hope to make my league as player friendly as possible.

New experience, I think my special rules make this a league quite different to anything thats been before.

Reliability, I've been playing blood bowl over 20 years now, and not liable to ditch it.

Anyway please have a look at the draft, and give me feedback even if you aren't interested yourself.

HM

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=6739
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a moment there, Thorpe isn't back, phew. Smile
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I spoke to spoony about that earlier, this is the best thing since thorpes world one match championship.

.....think of it as a global intercontinental worlds competition. You yes you!!! can be that champion. Yes ladies its going to be THAT big!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 26, 2009 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh and as it isn't thorpe related, can I expect a contigent of WILers?

Purplegoo wrote:
I had a moment there, Thorpe isn't back, phew. Smile
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Me likey... I have an Orc Team Concept that I play in Ranked when I feel like messing around... Only LineOrcs, Goblins and a Troll... If I could create THAT for your league I would surely join.

The Nurgle team looks overpowered. Maybe 1 less Rotter.
The Lizardman team lookes underpowered. Maybe 2 Saurus AND a Kroxigor.
The Ogres also seem off. Maybe a rule about fielding all 6 of the Goblins if possible would do it. Or a reroll restriction.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

10. Orc 2 - Goblins and 1 black orc OR blitzer. SPECIAL RULE (you must field all 4 goblins if possible, even if it means hiring a freebooter before game, goblins must always be replaced first) (Stars do not count towards your 4 fielded goblins).

This team would fit as yours. I need to reword it as you can also take throwers (or 1) need a think and a troll. I always intended you could have a troll in this team.

Nurgle team indeed could be overpowered but at low tr it wouldn't be. As a team they're are fairly underpowered and the chances of anyone raising 3 rotters are rare but I'm giving them the opportunity to try. As the league progresses and the TR cap is increased I'll relook at the rule.

Lizards certainly at low TR will be fine with their movement. I foresee movement being very powerful. You have 2 strong guys too krox being better than a troll or a treeman. I see it as a better team than the stuntys. Plus sauri as freebooters is a very good option. One the stuntys don't get.

Ogres, I really like your rule, but are they overpowered? I've given them a slight handi of having to have 6 goblins. RRs yes they're unlikely to have more than 2 ever anyway......Ok I'll go with you on this one, rule changed.

Another thing I need advice on. Team 23 was necro with 3 ghouls, which is of course impossible. Howabout necro with 2 ghouls and a wight, too powerful?
Elrick

Post   Posted: May 27, 2009 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the sound of team 10. With a troll that team will be rather good. But i tghink the throwers, with sure hands and pass on the starting roster will make it over powering.

One problem could be teams with very low FF, well problematic for some teams over a full season at least. But i do like the chearleader rule that keeps the teams TS down. Altough i think the stuntys could do with a bit of reduction in the amout of cheerleaders they need to bring along.

I made goblin team to those rules and i dont think it would last 2 matches.

Post   Posted: May 28, 2009 - 17:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I would be interested in joining, because its completely mad and sounds really fun. I would take cheaters though, or snotlings. Just because I can.

-CL

P.S. Bumpage!!
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: May 29, 2009 - 02:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll start recruiting after this has been running a week. I need to fine tune and be totally sure of what I'm doing before recruiting.

The 3 main issues I'm working with are:

Prizes, I'm thinking a beer trophy for reaching a points target, like a 'beer passport'. When your team reaches 15, 30 points etc you get a new trophy.

How to intergrate existing leagues. I want existing leagues to take divisions in BRT. This will help both leagues. To be in a certain division you must meet the criteria. So say O.L.T league took a division in BRT, only OLT members can play in that division. This gives their members something extra to play if they want, another good reason to be in their league and also benefits my league. Win/win scenario

Fine tuning the rules.

Elrick. I've slightly tuned down Orc 2. But I don't think they're uber powerful. They can no longer take a bob or a blitzer, just a bob. If you think of the starting line up. 4 goblins, 3 line man, a bob, a troll and 2 throwers. It seems fairly balanced.

I may be giving Khem 2 and skaven 3 a boost of some sort though.

As for the stunty issue, I need to look closer at the stunty teams, particularly snotlings. I feel flings and goblins are ok though.

If you look at goblins:

10 cheerleaders =100k
2 trolls = 200k
ff 7 = 70k
3rrs = 180k
apo = 50k
10 goblins = 400k

That's fine for the first match. Remember there won't be any uber teams out there.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Jun 03, 2009 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

3 main issues
I could care less about how you do trophies... any approach is fine.

As far as integrating existing leagues posting on their league thread should do it and could generate interest.

I have created an ORC 2 team based on site rules they are TR100/TS78
Arthas85

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2009 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested in this league mate. Wink
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2009 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Black Tavern League is now recruiting! Expect a recruitment thread to follow.
Elrick

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2009 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

cool

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2009 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

i've got a hobgoblin team ready to go

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2009 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I just applied with my vamps
 Jump to: