52 coaches online • Server time: 18:07
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
do you like to RE-play the same match?
yes, leave blackbox as it is
57%
 57%  [ 20 ]
no, I prefer to avoid to RE-play the same coach, with the same team again and again...
42%
 42%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 35

carotapacioccia

Post   Posted: May 30, 2009 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everybody, I wanted to suggest a little modification to BOT intelligence, and is very simple, i don't know if many other coaches had my same problem :

to avoid that the same two teams may play to games consequently...

there are two considerations about this :
ONE-That it is boring to re-play again the same match

TWO- it is clear that if A plays versus B, the starting point is two teams that can play against...and commonly after a match two teams still be "similar"...plus, when their match ends both of them will be ready to go to next round ... so up to now it is quite possible that two coaches that want to play more then a match will face again and again ...

isn't it possible to avoid this?...

What other guys think?
BiggieB

Post   Posted: May 30, 2009 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

carotapacioccia wrote:
Hi everybody, I wanted to suggest a little modification to BOT intelligence, and is very simple, i don't know if many other coaches had my same problem :

TWO- it is clear that if A plays versus B, the starting point is two teams that can play against...and commonly after a match two teams still be "similar"...plus, when their match ends both of them will be ready to go to next round ... so up to now it is quite possible that two coaches that want to play more then a match will face again and again ...

What other guys think?

the probability of this happening is very low already and removing it means possibly worse matchups for everyone
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 30, 2009 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

BiggieB wrote:
carotapacioccia wrote:

What other guys think?

the probability of this happening is very low already and removing it means possibly worse matchups for everyone

from of my understanding, this was already taken into account... but the chances were just a little bit reduced.. I dunno how well it works now, but I don't believe the chance is very small... also there is a very high chance that you will have to face the same opponent again after you played a game with another team...
Kryten

Post   Posted: May 30, 2009 - 01:02
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

there's a 3% reduction to the suitability for a rematch, so it's entirely possible to get multiple rematches in a row.
Aargh

Post   Posted: May 30, 2009 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd personally get tired of playing the same race over and over faster than playing the same coach over and over. I haven't played that many BB games but I did once have to play the same coach twice in a row (with different teams though), and both were fun games, so you won't hear me complaining about that. The exact same teams... yeah, that'd get get old quick, but is this really such a problem? I mean, I wouldn't expect this to happen too often, and even less more than twice in a row. But I'd rather play against the same team twice in a row than to be forced in a really uneven matchup or simply not being scheduled for a game because there's no proper match to be made.
carotapacioccia

Post   Posted: May 30, 2009 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand your positions, what I expressed was not the problem to play again with same coach, that is interesting to me, to see how he can play different races...
but to play 2 times consequently the same coach with your and his same team...

strategies will not change too much because you have just seen how he moves his men and also know which has been splatted match before...etc etc...

it is true that what I say can bring a wrong match-up, but when I see 9 teams scheduled and I play again the same coach+team it feels strange...

...by the way there is 33% of people that feels my same problem...maybe is a problem of small amount of people...
thanks for responses Smile
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 30, 2009 - 10:33 Reply with quote Back to top

well i had to play the same dwarf team once 4 times in a row.... the fact that i hate to play against them didn't make it any better....

i think the change was made after that... i think i only played the same team twice in a row later on again.... and just 6 or 7 times in the end
pythrr

Post   Posted: May 30, 2009 - 11:21 Reply with quote Back to top

i find it entertaining to play the same team

and if you don't, then i suggest fouling the buggery out of them, so that their TS will be quite different from yours in the nexst round = problem solved.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2009 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

happend 1 to me in 70 games roughly.

That's ok IMO, I can live with it.