24 coaches online • Server time: 04:32
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Willard73

Post   Posted: May 19, 2004 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay guys... we've got 14 Teams in! Two more, and "It's Go Time!"
-Willard73

Post   Posted: May 20, 2004 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Pre-season will start this Monday, May 24th!
Check your PM's for details
-Willard73

Post   Posted: May 24, 2004 - 04:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not one to complain a lot, but how do you win against dwarves when you have 33% luck?

Lord, that first game sucked...I'm not the greatest coach I admit, but that was terrible! Good luck Kenty, you played smart and very well. Perhaps we will meet again....one good thing...my thrower completed 3 passes at least.

Mac

Post   Posted: May 24, 2004 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL HOOMIN, tell em

Post   Posted: May 24, 2004 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The first game in the United States Challenge preseason is complete. All of our praying to nuffle must have paid off. We received 2 blitzes and 3 cas against MacLeod's rookie orcs. We also managed to score 4 touchdowns in our first game.... not too bad for dwarves.
Mazzix

Post   Posted: May 24, 2004 - 22:47 Reply with quote Back to top

First game for the UL's Rouge et Or was a disaster. Not a very better luck then the Macleods orcs i guess. Made one succefull pass.. plus an mvp. The players decided to stay prone and the ko'ed to stay in the ko box... was better for their health!!!

If they survive the pre-season, can I retire them for a brand new team after the pre?!? dont want to quit, but surely realize after playing nurgles rotters that this team is not the kind of team i like to handle... im too elfish...

If they can retire and be replaced, surely will make a nice little DE team ot HE team to join the league. Would be nice to have more dodgy teams in that league.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 08:01 Reply with quote Back to top

If you would like to pull out your current team after pre-seaon, to bring in a new team... I will allow that. Just realize that they will have counted as getting 0 pts in pre-season (since they didn;t play) and therefore default to the lowest bracket. All I ask is that you play out the pre-season, to give the coaches that are due to play against you the same chance to gain pts as the rest of the coaches.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2004 - 14:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, dont worry, I will play my games anyway.

I will also set the new team to be ready when my current one is done with the pre-season.

One last question: can I bring a 3 games old team to replace my 3 games old nurgle team(will be 3 games old i think in the end of the pre-season) or do you prefer a brand new one.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2004 - 04:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay 33 % luck with the next game at 42% avg 37.5%. I love this game.

Mac

Post   Posted: May 30, 2004 - 05:46 Reply with quote Back to top

The Laval's University decided to retire their nurgle rotter's team, the Rouge et Or, after their first game of the season, in reason of a strike of the players, fearing to play in the US Challenge after one unlucky game.

The Canadian BloodBowl Federation (CBF), went berserk in front of such cowardness, and sended a bunch of Ogres to kill those skittish beastmens. But when they arrived at the Laval's University, the Rouge et Or players were all already dead... Some witnesses affirmed to have seen a great demon appear and kill the striking players with a single hit. Seems Nurgle "itself" didnt appreciate cowardness in his ranks.

Not wanting to leave the Canada out of the Us Challenge, the CBF formed a team to represent the cold country. Looking all over the country, they have enrolled the best high elves of the country, decided as they were to form a better scoring team then the UL Rouge et OR to attract more fans and make the sport more popular in Canada.

So watch out ppl, here comes Team Canada.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2004 - 05:53 Reply with quote Back to top

In their first match, Team Canada played against the Stars and Stripes. It was a very patriotic game, in wich the Canadians played with great enthousiasm, maybe a bit too much (Mario Lemieux, the phoenix warrior, accidently killed Old Glory). They showed a great talent for scoring td's on defense, but also on offense. On the other hand, their defense only seemed to slow the dwarves, not stop them.

This tie for Team Canada's first game, against a quite good blocking team, provoked a wave of enthousiasm trough the Canada, so we hope to see more fans for the following games of the pre-season.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2004 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay coaches...
Group 2, has already finished their pre season matches... and group 4 is only one game away from finished.
HALF of the league is done before HALF of you have even played your first games. Besides gken1, and myself...
Nobody in groups 1 or 3 have even played your matches. I didn't want to make a schedule for pre-season games
because I figured they'd get played pretty quickly. But if I have to impose a schedule, and start handing out forfeits,
then so be it. Please, get your games in by this Sunday... midnight BB server time... or else I will hand out forfeits.
-Willard73

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2004 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay coaches,
Sorry I had to hand out forfeits, but I really want to get this pre-season finished so we can start up the league.
All coaches will have ten days from the round one deadline to finish their round two games. The round one deadline
was this past sunday, which means that all round two games should be played by the end of next wednesday, June 16th.
Please, let's keep this moving so we can set the two divisions, and start a great first season.

Post   Posted: Jun 20, 2004 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello coaches,
Sorry I haven't been on much, but I just moved and I'm trying to get internet access at the new house.
I'll be signing on at a friends house as much as possible to try and keeps things moving. Bear with me.
-Willard 73

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2004 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

So did the tourney officially die? I thought there were supposed to be a couple more rounds.
 Jump to: