28 coaches online • Server time: 02:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
goat314

Post 17 Posted: Feb 16, 2009 - 07:38 Reply with quote Back to top

!!!UPDATE February 26, 2010!!!
http://rapidshare.com/files/356456234/large_icons-02-26-10.zip

OK, after a few people downloaded my large Skyre Slaves, I put my OCD into overdrive. I have gone through and resized medium icons or shrunk large icons to make a full set of stunty icons for the large pitch.

There is absolutely NO ORIGINAL WORK involved. This is an editted collection SkiJunkie's, posts on the forums, etc. Some of the resizing is very crude. Many icons look blocky or just plain bad. The idea to start this project is not to provide beautiful art to the large pitch (I am not capable of that), but to provide reasonably sized icons that distinguish different types of players.

Input would be greatly appreciated, but please refrain from "Such and such image sucks". If you dislike an image, provide a better set of icons, preferably 25x25 to 30x30 pixels for stunties. All regular player positions should be represented, you should not see the circle icons. I am missing a few of the stunty star players. If you happen to have a representative icon, please let me know and I will add it to the icon set.

I am providing my full icon set and ini file, if you don't want certain icons overwritten, you'll have to do some work.

Most importantly, I hope this helps some people like myself, who have been shortchanged on our icons just because we have a bigger pitch than everyone else. Very Happy

Last edited by goat314 on %b %27, %2010 - %05:%Feb; edited 8 times in total
goat314

Post   Posted: Feb 25, 2009 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I made a few mistakes in consolidating some of the files Goblin Chainsaw and Skaven Storm Vermin. Those should be fixed http://rapidshare.com/files/202192581/iconslarge.zip
goat314

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2009 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Updated the file for lack of skink icons. If anyone notices those awful circles with letters, please say so.
Wendol

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2009 - 03:56 Reply with quote Back to top

goat314 wrote:
I made a few mistakes in consolidating some of the files Goblin Chainsaw and Skaven Storm Vermin. Those should be fixed http://rapidshare.com/files/202192581/iconslarge.zip

It seems that this file doesn t exist anymore

I try the first file. And the icons that i could see were great. Awesome work
goat314

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 03:59 Reply with quote Back to top

For those that care (and with 13 downloads, someone must!), I have added more stunty star players (should now have all) to the large pitch set. This brought on after mean old Azure fielded Igor on a Strigoyan team, and I just couldn't stand that stupid 'L'. The only icon I question at the moment is Nobbla Blackwart, which I had seen an L for a few weeks ago, despite what appears to be a proper ini entry and valid gif.

If anyone notices a problem, can resolve that issue, or wants to contribute, let me know. Enjoy your Blood Bowl in superior resolution!
goat314

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 04:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Terribly sorry for not replying in a proper timeframe, original link is updated and should work.

Wendol wrote:
goat314 wrote:

It seems that this file doesn t exist anymore

I try the first file. And the icons that i could see were great. Awesome work
goat314

Post   Posted: Apr 17, 2009 - 04:38 Reply with quote Back to top

1 last post, sorry for the post count, quick search through forums (go figure) has netted the resolution to the Gobbo star player issues, some aren't stars at all. Scrappa is not Scrappa, it is just a pogo. I have fixed the ini files, and Nobbla, Scrappa, Fungus, and every other star should work!
goat314

Post   Posted: May 22, 2009 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Speccing the GLT, I've noticed some missing stars (they had been placed in the unused folder). I'm sure there are more in the unused. As it is, I tried to enlarge them a bit. Prince Moranion and Jordell look terrible, but at least they're there.
McVily

Post   Posted: May 25, 2009 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Put that "iconslarge" folder into "pics" folder, so everything can be unziped to main folder with one click Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2009 - 17:49 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, will do on the next one.
 Jump to: