47 coaches online • Server time: 13:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2004 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice to see that the tournament is well underway. However, it seems like some breeds will be hard to fill with the required 4. We now have 3 choices (that I can come up with) :

a) Put some breeds in "multi-breed" cups (i.e Gnome and Fairie). This will create holes in the Breed Bowl cup.
b) Let the cups start even if we have less than 4 teams. This will create an imbalance in the Breed Bowl with some inexperienced teams.
c) Wait. This will make the Breed Bowl take longer time to play, and may result in lost interest from the coaches.

My suggestion is b). With 3 teams, a round robin can be created with 2 matches per team. Otherwise the breed is not popular enough, and it is fair that it shall suffer from that. Teams of unpopular breeds will be less experienced. It might be good to set a date for when the rest of the cups will start.
Dementor

Post   Posted: Jul 10, 2004 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Carl_Stoneyard wrote:

a) Put some breeds in "multi-breed" cups (i.e Gnome and Fairie). This will create holes in the Breed Bowl cup.
b) Let the cups start even if we have less than 4 teams. This will create an imbalance in the Breed Bowl with some inexperienced teams.
c) Wait. This will make the Breed Bowl take longer time to play, and may result in lost interest from the coaches.

My suggestion is b). With 3 teams, a round robin can be created with 2 matches per team. Otherwise the breed is not popular enough, and it is fair that it shall suffer from that. Teams of unpopular breeds will be less experienced. It might be good to set a date for when the rest of the cups will start.

I'd go with the a combination of a) and b): for 3 teams make a round robin. For 2 teams or less make a mixed tournament (e.g. round robin with 2 Fairies and 1 Gnome) and let the best of each breed advance to the knockouts. So that each teams that advances to the finals has two games played.
Squiggy

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 08:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow. We've got a second skink team. I'm so thrilled to have doubled the amount of teams in the skink cup. We just need to do it once more, and we're on a roll!

Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Jul 11, 2004 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

My Gnomes have no problem with advancing to the breed bowl with no games played. Who needs skills, when you got bombs?
Wotfudboy

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2004 - 12:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Squiggy wrote:
Wow. We've got a second skink team. I'm so thrilled to have doubled the amount of teams in the skink cup.

Sorry, that was my fault... I'll retire my team at once! Razz Very Happy

Come on coaches... enter a Skink Team!! Cool
Carl_Stoneyard

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2004 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Most breeds have started to play thier games now, but there are still some which have not reached their 4 teams. We still havn't heard anything from the staff about what to do with these breeds.

It would be very interesting to know the staff's policy about this!
 Jump to: