14 coaches online • Server time: 03:54
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2009 - 20:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I know tours have been talked about, but not specifically Smacks. I think Smacks would go well with Blackbox.

Possibly a daily drawing for Smacks. Activate specifically for Smacks and the drawing occurs. The drawing would pick all of the teams that are within a certain TS of eachother and the tour starts.

Problem may be TR though. As TS is not the best indicator of tour quality. Possibly a combination of TS and TR with a heavier weight given to the TS.

Any thoughts? If you don't like the idea, give some constructive criticism that might make it work.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2009 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

one problem i can see with it, that you might have came really close to touching on...

in regards to TS...the problem in using TS, is when you have a team that is 250/180 due to one or two big player MNGs, and they get submitted to a elite smack, and then the second round, they're instantly a legend team playing down to elite level teams...

the idea has potential, but it could require a big revamp of the system, or a brand new smackbox, or something, that would properly divide teams into divisions and avoid possible cherrypicking..

--j

ImageImage
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2009 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Using TS as an indicator for more than 1 game is not going to work as mngs and cash are not taken into account.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2009 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

i don't see why it could not be just TR based like any Smack... It would not only have the benefit to be normally accurate, it would also provide a balance against teams solely based on TS exploit....

...I always thought of tournaments as a good method to balance the disadvantages of a too one sided gameplay-modulation out, but sadly the tendency seems to go more into the: If the division is about TS it has to be TS direction.... or... if the division ain't about teamdevelopment, tournaments cannot be about teamdevelopment either :/ .... i think that way is boring but I also think there shouldn't be mixed too many goals at once into the cup...
Pasku

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2009 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Another problem of using TS would be that people would save like 200k before the Smack, to be able to hire a wizard and a Star every match.

Perhaps a possibility (don't know if would be too complicated) would be the calculation of the potencial TS of the team (this is, what the TS would be without the mng's) and to avoid the problem of money either take it into account for the TS of the Smack or allow starting a Smack only to teams with less than a certain amount of cash, let's say between 0 and 40k.

Another possibility would be teams entering tournies without mng's and money, which would save programming and work, and improve the Smacks from that point.
 Jump to: