54 coaches online • Server time: 19:50
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
So what (normal) skill should my linewomen take ?
Kick
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Block
68%
 68%  [ 15 ]
Dirty Player
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
Tackle
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Sure Hands
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 22

Rathstar

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2009 - 00:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I finally got a normal skill on one of my amazon linewomen, and now I have I can't decide what to give her. My team is: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=570376

I'm sure loads of people are just saying block, but I already have 6 players with dodge and block, and I normally try to get a linewomen with dirty player and another with kick. I find kick so useful, by placing the ball deep it can take 2 players away from the LOS which helps my women put the hurt on. By placing it close on the flank

Other useful skills are tackle and use her as a sweeper, but I think a blitzer would better for this.

Lastly I was thinking of surehands to pick up the ball. I rarely pass the ball, so this may be better than buying a thrower and waiting for her get a skill.

So what do people think ? Another blodger or something else ?

Rathstar
Guardikai

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2009 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Stick with blodger for the first skill on the linewomen - it is proven and works. It increases their ability to deal out pain and avoid it in return. The other skills can be added later - and you never know, you could get a +stat on your next roll with her - imagine getting +st after giving her kick. You'd wish you'd taken the block then!
LykeX

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2009 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I notice that you have no linewomen with block, only catchers and blitzers. Your blitzers start with block, and your catchers have better things to do, so go with block for now. You need block people who you don't mind getting killed.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2009 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

block is fine

having a dirty player is almost a requirement for any competitive team, even if you are not a fouler. the only presence of the dp means that you can foul back.

I'd wait to take kick as a second skill.

Also consider buying a thrower instead of giving sure hands to a linewoman. She just comes with built-in sure hands and pass. If you are not into passing you can use her as your main carrier, and anyway having pass skill can always be handy as hand-off aren't always possible. Thrower also has G access, so it won't be a problem to develop her in a not-passing way.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2009 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Amazon throwers do not come with surehands (only dodge and pass).

If i rarely pass and already have another thrower with sure hands and pass, isn't a thrower a linewomen that costs 20k more if I'm not going to use the pass skill ?
DarthDavy

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2009 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, I heared that excuse often for several type of teams: throwers are just linemen (linewoman in this case) that just costs 20k more.

I disagree. Even when you don't play a passing game you still want as much options open to you as possible. A thrower gives you the option to pass (more safely) when you need to. When everything goes to plan, you don't pass, but as the dice not always agree with your gameplan passing may be needed to try to get that touchdown in the last turn of any half. That passing skill for 20k is able to win you games. Is that worth 20k? In my opinion it is.

Btw, just get block first on your linewomen. Kick can be taken for the next skill.
 Jump to: