26 coaches online • Server time: 09:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Molt

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2009 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree about the audio clips - they are expensive in terms of development time (somebody has to record hundreds of audio clips to a reasonable, consistant standard), expensive in terms of download time, and inflexable in terms of making adjustments/additions later (as comparable audio talents would need to be arranged to record the new tracks). Using text files allows for a far larger number of comments and therefore a much richer and less repetetive experience. 400 different commentary files with ~100 comments in each makes it pretty unlikely that you would see the same comments twice in a row.

I agree that having the possibility of human commentators would be good - especially if they could be integrated into the proposed system. However, it would probably need to be reserved for big league matches etc.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2009 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep it would be a big project. I seriously doubt that very many people are going to want text boxes repeating the same old stuff at them though. If nothing else it kind of clutters up the page.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Narky

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2009 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolter wrote:
think there should be a mini tetris game so u can do something usefull while the other guy is finishing his turn!!

THE ACTUAL BEST IDEA EVER

but rediculously pointless Razz
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2009 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

another pointless idea: A textbox where you can write gamecomments while you have to wait for your opponent.
The comments are uploaded to fumbbl automaticly with the gameresults after the match.

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2009 - 11:04 Reply with quote Back to top

thats a great idea!
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2009 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Zhluhur wrote:
another pointless idea: A textbox where you can write gamecomments while you have to wait for your opponent.
The comments are uploaded to fumbbl automaticly with the gameresults after the match.

Also known as....... notepad!

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2009 - 11:59 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Zhluhur wrote:

Also known as....... notepad!

Notepad is also awailable in multiplayer. Known as IRC.
On1

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2009 - 11:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Wolter wrote:
think there should be a mini tetris game so u can do something usefull while the other guy is finishing his turn!!

Shame on you... You are supposed to pay attention to the game...

Most of the time i know what moves i want to make, before my opponents turn is over... This is how you keep your turn time at a minimum...

Christ...
 Jump to: